[SOLVED] Wdlivehub network problem

pg090961

Prominent
Jan 21, 2018
I had WDLIVEHUB connected to my home network the last 4 years.Recently it couldnt find the included hard drive and i had to select it manually.
I reset the device and after that when i connect the cat5 to the device it reboots and its loading forever.
I changed the cat5 and connected the device directly to the router..
The same problem..

If i pull out the cat5 the device is ok
If i format the drive will it solve the problem?

Solution
Instead of formatting the drive (and losing your content) - try with another, unused drive.

You should search for dedicated WD forums. Long time ago I owned one of first WD Live drives, and I remember finding a lot of third-party info and firmwares about them.
Instead of formatting the drive (and losing your content) - try with another, unused drive.

You should search for dedicated WD forums. Long time ago I owned one of first WD Live drives, and I remember finding a lot of third-party info and firmwares about them.

Solution

pg090961

Prominent
Jan 21, 2018

Do you think replacing or formatting the disk will fix the problen?

I doubt the problem is in the drive. As I said - there used to be good forums about WD TV, including troubleshooting. Checking back with my bookmarks, all of them are dead now. You might have to resort to board-level diagnostics, which involves soldering of some components, and good Linux knowledge.

And as I said before - plug an empty, unformatted drive, and see what happens.