Question Wdmycloud vanished

Aug 8, 2020
Wondering if anyone could help at all. I have a wdmycloud device that, until a couple of days ago, was working fine.

yesterday it started to suggest I was using the wrong log in to access the device but eventually it let me in.

today it’s vanished entirely from the network. A yellow solid light instead of a blue one. It’s not just the folders that have gone it’s everything so I can’t even connect to it via the IP address.

This includes all devices - laptops, pcs, iphone, iPad. It’s just gone!

Any thoughts on what might have caused this sudden change in behaviour?

the only potential cause I can think of is that I ran a virus scan on the device yesterday and I think it started failing half way through that check. The scan was 62% complete.

the light on the back of the device is blinking green suggesting data is being transferred to the network.

thanks

Last edited:

kanewolf

Titan
Wondering if anyone could help at all. I have a wdmycloud device that, until a couple of days ago, was working fine.

yesterday it started to suggest I was using the wrong log in to access the device but eventually it let me in.

today it’s vanished entirely from the network. A yellow solid light instead of a blue one. It’s not just the folders that have gone it’s everything so I can’t even connect to it via the IP address.

This includes all devices - laptops, pcs, iphone, iPad. It’s just gone!

Any thoughts on what might have caused this sudden change in behaviour?

there’s been no changes to the network or the drive in the last few months, nothing I could point to and say “I recently changed this”.

thanks
Failed drive. Failed power supply. Failed RAM. Just like any other electronics, lots of things can fail.