[SOLVED] We have power but no display

Sep 20, 2020
Hello folks,

I'm stuck and unable to find a solution.

Ryzen 3600
Asus x570 TUF Pro
G.skill 32 gb (4x8) 3600
GTX 780 ti
1 tb evo ssd
2tb evo m.2
evga g2 850w (ran diagnostics on this and it works fine)

My first time building an AMD cpu and I'm off to a rough start. I've tried plugging in HDMI and DP to the gpu and mobo (I'm assuming this cpu doesn't have integrated graphics anyway) and my display continues to say no signal for both.

I've tried reseating RAM, replugging mobo and cpu power (only using the 8 pin cable as I don't think I need all 12 pins), reseating gpu (it's placed in the first lane nearest the cpu), trying a second display, tested the gpu on another system, and i'm about out of ideas. i don't think i need to reflash the bios since i'm not using the 5000 series, right?

Any suggestions?

Solution
Found the solution!

Looks like the wifi attachment is not optional on your first boot. In an act of desperation I tried it out and it fired right up. Would've been nice if this was clearly called out by the manufacturer but there it is.
Sep 20, 2020
For good measure, I switched out the psu with a brand new one that i tested on another system a few days ago. Same issue, power for fans, but no post.

This new psu has 8 and two 4 slotted wire so I tested both the 8 and the 8+4 connections and nothing.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2020
Found the solution!

Looks like the wifi attachment is not optional on your first boot. In an act of desperation I tried it out and it fired right up. Would've been nice if this was clearly called out by the manufacturer but there it is.

Solution