Weak computer or bad cpu?

940202.yousef

Prominent
Sep 29, 2017
Hi

I just baught a new compact gaming pc this summer (asus gr8 ii).

And i play games in 144hz. I have experienced that the cpu freezes and the game crashes after 10-15 min. The computer it self is working fine while game crashes (alt+tab) but you can hear the cpu going to sleep or turn down while crashing. But i have to restart to be able to get back to the game and sometimes it crashes again after the restart.

I did however change the power schedrule from balanced to full and set the cpu mhz to 0 and power to 100% to max out. And lowered monitor framerate to 120. Now it works fine BUT.

Now cpu heats up to 90 degree while gaming. And ive done stresstests also which results to throttling and "overheating detected". Also i experience random freezes while using computer overall.

Games i play is:
Csgo
Cod infinity warfare
BF1 (you can hear the computer giving it all while playing, like its screaming stop)

Is the pc simply to weak or is the faulth within me :/

Pls any help is welcome and sorry for the bad english.

Intel i7700
Gpu gtx 1060 3gb
And the rest i dont know its what you get..

TwilightRavens

Reputable
Mar 17, 2017
I think you may have solved your own question lol. The cpu is thermal throttling causing that. Try taking off the cpu cooler, cleaning it good with 90% isopropyl alcohol and applying new thermal paste. Yes you need to apply thermal paste or otherwise the same thing will happen that is happening now.

940202.yousef

Prominent
Sep 29, 2017

940202.yousef

Prominent
Sep 29, 2017
Thank you for your answer. But its a factory build, how can they not put thermal paste and also ive used it for like 3 months so the cooler cannot be dusty since its on my desk and away from wall: free to breath.
But do you think i should do it myself and get it overwith or hand it over to the reseller to solve it. If i open the case i lose the warranty.