Weak Performance on Asus N46jv

Miladm007

Reputable
Jun 5, 2014
hi there .
i've got a n46jv it was workin' ok with video games . last week i played about 20-25h Watch dogs on it (High Setting - Smoothly with 30-40 fps ) . it was workin' ok till yesterday . but today i've got some serious lags on wd and other video games such as Thief or GTA IV that were workin' smoothly . is this hardware failure or something ?!
oh i have to say that i ran system restore last night for some issues and is it relevant to those lags ?!
and there is no overheating on cpu . it's a same situation .
thanks

Solution
You have a good laptop with dedicated GPU, thus it is your GPU that could be holding you back not CPU.

3Dmark, passmark, furmark are all gpu benchmar software; without a previous baseline though it wont tell you much as far as trying to diagnose anything.

Reinstalling the newest drivers would be your best bet.
I dont know what "some issues" is.
When asking for help, we need specific information, generic statements like that do not help us in any way. Please give more detailed information, and also tell us of any troubleshooting attempts/changes you had made; this way we know you aleady tried that and can elimate X as the cause of the problem, or that by doing Y it caused a problem with Z, etc etc.

I would assume that it has a lot to do with it, and that "some issues" is either malware or is a faulty program installation. The masses has created this assumption that a system restore is a "fix it" button; all it does is that it reverts the system regestry back, any decent malware will reinstall itself and faulty programs/drivers can still cause problems.

Miladm007

Reputable
Jun 5, 2014

I ran system restore due to have some problems with connecting to net that have been solved. ( dunno how to explain more . As you said maybe i thought that system restore is kinda "fix it" button. )
All i installed was Latest driver of GPU through Nvidia control panel which has been uninstalled after restore.
I tested some other games like FIFA 14 and there was no problem at all so i think that running Watch dogs might damaged the CPU or something else so it can't handle massive calculations .
Thanks again :).

The only way a game will damage a cpu is if the cpu does not have good cooling and it gets too hot. Did you have the laptop on a hard surface or a soft surface that allowed you to block the fan vents?

So you uninstalled the latest nvidia driver, and now you are having problems playing the latest video game, this sounds like a likely part of the problem.

Do yoursefl a favor and download and run malwarebytes, you probably have an infection that is your "some problems connecting to the net" and could also be sucking up system resources as well. Once again "some problems" is not descriptive and forces me to make assumptions. I am sorry if coming off as being rude but you are making it very difficult to help you when you are giving vauge information.

Miladm007

Reputable
Jun 5, 2014

no it was a hard one .
I will re-install the Nvidia driver and run that app u just mentioned ,
sorry about insufficient explanation but i don't know what was wrong with my connection .
and is there any app to check up health of CPU ?!? and it's performance ?!

Miladm007

Reputable
Jun 5, 2014

What's that ?! Can u gimme a download link ?! Thanks

CPU : Intel Core i7 4700HQ
RAM : 8GB
VGA : Geforce 750M GT

You have a good laptop with dedicated GPU, thus it is your GPU that could be holding you back not CPU.

3Dmark, passmark, furmark are all gpu benchmar software; without a previous baseline though it wont tell you much as far as trying to diagnose anything.

Reinstalling the newest drivers would be your best bet.

Solution

toastyz71

Reputable
Nov 17, 2014

Where did you find the N46JV? I can't find one to buy anywhere