Question Weak PSU corsair VS550 ? help please

mhsine

Reputable
Nov 28, 2019
hello everyone ,
I've had some problems with the game Monster hunter world for few weeks , always crashes 5-10 mins after launch , trying almost every software solution , changed drivers reinstall game etc ... . This afternoon I downloaded MSI afterburner and turned power limit from 100% to 78% and temp limit from 83% to 70% and turned the fan manually to 60% , I'm also using AMD ryzen high perormance in power settings and started the game with high setting and the game still haven't crashed for 2 hours so far .

My PC specs are :
Win 10 pro 64
16G Ram
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Nvidia Geforce RTX 2060 Super
Asus prime B450M-K
HDD 1TB
SSD 240
PSU Corsair VS 550 Watt

PS : I have this problem only with monster hunter world and Destiny 2 , I have played assassin's creed odessy on high settings with no problem and plague's tale aswell and several other games .

so I don't know if my PSU can't handle the GPU or I don't know .
I bought this pc recently 1 month or so , sorry for my lack of knowledge and my bad english and thank you in advance

Last edited:
Have you monitored system temps also? The 5-10 minute time frame is a typical length of time to reach thermal equilibrium under load. By reducing the GPU power draw, you've also reduced the amount of heat it produces.

Run the system at stock again, but this time with the side panel off the case and see if it still crashes.

mhsine

Reputable
Nov 28, 2019
Thank you for your reply !!

it crashes without GPU power draw is there another solution besides using msi afterburner ? changing something in Bios maybe ?
it has been up 3 hours now without having a crash for the first time

edit : how can I monitor system temps ?

Last edited:

mhsine

Reputable
Nov 28, 2019
thank you for your replay @DaveSVK I used DDU before and didn't work , after that I Did a clean install for windows etc .. I've been struggling with it for a month today when I used the MSi afterburner is the first time the gam didn't crash 4hours so far which is nice , so I think its about Gpu temperature or PSU .
thank you so much

Jan 4, 2020
if your psu is dusty grab a can of air duster for pc and just blow on it the dust should come out. these things are cheap and can be found under 5$ also worth to clean your rig too.

...it crashes without GPU power draw
To be clear. It does that even with the side panel off your case?

For Nvidia GPUs, afterburner is the best tool.

zk-gpus19-power.png.webp

^That's on a Ryzen 3900X

Last edited:

mhsine

Reputable
Nov 28, 2019
@tennis2 I closed msi afterburner VDDC went up 1.0620 v fan still running at 60% and removed the case's side panel and I ll see if the game will crash , I want to know is there is something wrong with my hardware or its normal .
thank you so much !

update : after removing side panel and closing msi afterburner I got crash after 30 mins

Last edited: