News Wearable AI Assistant Uses Built-in Projector to Show Its UI

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
A wearable projector would be a cool party trick. I see it (plus the gesture recognition) mainly as a collaboration tool that you could use for communicating with others, when there's no other screen nearby.

Imagine using it with translation software, so you could better navigate a foreign country where you don't speak the language. There, the projector (and camera, which could translate signs and read them to you) would be quite useful.

Still, I'm left feeling that it's ultimately quite limited, compared to what you could do with a pair of AR glasses. And, if you had decent AR glasses, then the only function left for this wearable would be the projector function. So, I hope this is just a stepping stone for them, rather than their ultimate product idea.

Apr 23, 2023
Having seen this article and then gone on to look at it's site and the 'leaked' clips of the Ted presentation all that sprang to mind was that it was all hype and no substance.

Nov 2, 2023
Does anyone know of anyone making a "dumb" wearable projector like this? I need something that can receive a signal (perhaps from a paired mobile phone) and project it, but it doesn't need to be any smarter than that.

I see it (plus the gesture recognition) mainly as a collaboration tool that you could use for communicating with others, when there's no other screen nearby.
As a former LG G8 phone user I can tell you that the gesture controls were not the best and that was after LG dedicated a lot of resources to try and make it good.