WeatherCAD revisited

GREGORY

Have been reading over the FS Sky World docs and also looking into
Activesky. Does it make sense to run a weather engine PLUS a cloud
randomiser such as FSSW? Does FS9 supersede all this with new wx?

Ok.. to the point.. am proposing aGaiN a form of WeatherCAD

It would be a rudimentary flight plan display with path `lined in' and
displaying weather regions. Now the user could click-click on regions
along the way and set weather properties. That is both GLOBAL and
LOCAL. Even see profile graphics of temp, winds aloft.. etc. All kinds
of things are possible for this CAD.. like fancy colored / hatched
regions and even metrology symbols.

Sometimes the user simply wishes to define custom weather along the
flightpath. Would be GREAT for displaying profiles of or tweaking RWW
downloads.

-Gregory

p.s. unfortunately not much discussion of weather topics....

Gregory wrote:

> Does it make sense to run a weather engine PLUS a cloud
randomiser such as FSSW?

Yes.

> Does FS9 supersede all this with new wx?

No. FS9's weather engine is not as sophisticated as ActiveSky wxRE (or
whatever the latest version is called). Additionally, in my opinion the
cloud textures offered by FS Sky World look better and perform better
than the default textures.

> Ok.. to the point.. am proposing aGaiN a form of WeatherCAD

This does sound pretty interesting, but it also sounds like a lot of
work. I suppose if someone were interested in weather this might be a
good tool, but I prefer to download from real weather servers, since it
usually is much more thorough and random.

--
Peter