Question Web browsers lagging when gaming ?

OrphanSlushies

Prominent
Mar 7, 2022
I like to watch videos when I play games, never had an issue in the past. Recently had to update everything, Windows, NVidia drivers, and so on.
Now when I want to game and watch videos, my browsers are barely responsive and buffer videos like crazy. I have tried this with Chrome and Firefox, both having the same issue.
When checking Task Manager nothing seems out of the ordinary.

Attached below is just an example of video playback at normal speed while I was tabbed into Modern Warfare 2019, you can see the video freezes on a frame then skips to a new frame and freezes on it. If I tab into my browser, it loads perfectly fine.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, No Overclock
Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus B550 Pro AC (rev. 1.x) Unsure of BIOS Version
GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER™ GAMING X 8GB GDDR6, No Overclock
RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32GB Kit (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200, No Overclock & Seated Properly
PSU: Corsair RM750
Operating System & Version: Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview, 22H2, 25115.1000
GPU Driver: 512.77

jcarter12

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011
If it was working prior to updating software and drivers then I am keen to belive it is a driver issue. May want to uninstall drivers and download new ones from the manufactuer websites, then from windows update (including any optionals).

Sep 3, 2022
I have the axeact same issue.
Installed a new RTX 3080 with new drivers. Also removed old drivers with DDU.
When a game is in focus the video on the other screen starts to stutter like you described.
This happens with hardware acceleration on. With it off its not as noticeable or gone completely, cant really tell.
But turning hardware acceleration off isn't the answer here because that just makes other pages that are somewhat graphics intensive completely unbearable and slow.

Any clue how to solve this?