Question Web pages not loading

Conotricity

Honorable
Jan 8, 2017
Hello everyone I've been dealing with this issue for the past few days now and I can't seem to figure out what the problem is. Web pages like java, youtube, even just a simple google search all stop loading as if they lost connection. It all started happening when the power went out. I thought maybe the router or my ethernet cord got damaged, however I've replaced both and even entirely reinstalled windows and still face the same issue. Java would be a white screen and say the webpage has finished loading already but then it will load after about 5 minutes of waiting I'm not 100% sure but sometimes flushing the DNS has helped me load pages like java but literally only for a solid 5 seconds then the issue comes back again. Everyone else on my network does not face this issue at all, just me and my computer and it can't be a virus issue because I literally just reinstalled windows trying to fix the issue. Here's an example of what the java page looks like. Maybe it could be an issue with the ethernet port on my pc?
unknown.png

Conotricity

Honorable
Jan 8, 2017
Did you change the ethernet cable yet?
Is it still connected properly?
Is windows network set to private network and not public?
Any firewall or anti-virus software installed?

What's your pc configuration?
I have changed my router, I have changed my ethernet cord, I've even freshly installed windows to no avail. No firewalls or antivirus installed, I've tried resetting dns settings. Pinging 8.8.8.8 is fine it doesn't show any issues. It's just on my pc everyone else on the network is fine with no issues and I can't figure out why. At the bottom right it even shows no issues for ethernet and it never disconnects at anypoint either. However when I go to download things or view pages like java or youtube or even just using simple google it just entirely loses connection for no reason randomly, even tho again it doesn't physically show any errors on the ethernet icon on the toolbar. This all started 2 days ago after the power went out. Also it seems that when I download things the download speed is insanely dropped at around 50kb/s comparatively to what it is supposed to be around like 20mb/s average. Also upload speeds are drastically lower according to speedtest.net. My pc specs are gtx 1060 6gb, 16gb ddr4 3200, and i58600k base clock speeds. 1tb hdd 500 gb ssd. I've tried so many different things for this issue that I'm honestly at a loss.
unknown.png

Conotricity

Honorable
Jan 8, 2017
It is pretty simple to test the ethernet. Open a cmd window and run a constant ping to 8.8.8.8.
Maybe try to disable IPv6 in the nic settings. Sometimes you get pages that run a mix of ipv4 and ipv6 and ipv6 might not be working properly. In general you don't need IPv6.
THANKYOU SO MUCH. Not sure why but disabling IPV6 entirely removed the issue. Java instantly loads now and so does everything else. It just still doesn't make sense to me because IT was enabled before with absolutely no issues until the power went out. I'm gonna leave it disabled for now and I will come back if I have anymore problems regarding this issue, once again thankyou so much I've spent the last 3 days doing nothing but trying to evaluate the issue

Conotricity

Honorable
Jan 8, 2017
The ping command is
ping 8.8.8.8 -t

Hard to say maybe you were not using IPv6 before and your ISP does not really support IPv6. Good you got it fixed, there are only a very tiny number of sites that only work on ipv6, mostly in china.
I'm pretty sure my provided verizon supports IPV6, but looking further into the issue it seems I have something called ICMP blackhole. Not sure at all how to fix that though but that does explain why it was saying I was connected but wasn't loading any sites.