Web Site Blocked

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

4cloud

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2013
So the PC is mine and im trying to access a normal website but then this message shows up preventing me from viewing the webpage:

This website is not allowed

Parental control is blocking the content of this website from viewing.

Windows 10 same thing on all browsers (IE, Chrome, Firefox, MS Edge)

Solution

It is very unlikely that Steam is the source of this (potential virus/malware). This is not normal behavior for viruses but hey, anything can be expected. A full scan with your AV and Malwarebytes after both are updated to the latest definitions should make this a very low probability.

I still believe the most likely cause is either your Windows 10 account or your Google account settings. If you experience the same issue on your Android device it points towards your Google account settings.

Not experiencing any restrictions on your Mac eliminates router settings (unless someone specifically adjusted the settings to block your PC's/Phone's...

4cloud

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2013

Ok i did it it doesn't work. :(

4cloud

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2013

http://imgur.com/a/gCETG

It even comes on steam when typing fora game which prevents me from searching for the game which is really weird.

4cloud

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2013
Yes sorry sir i did double post but the other post has been deleted, won't happen again.

4cloud

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2013

Virtually? Like hackers? I have no idea I have Ghostery and ABP along with Avira setup on Comp. But i just play games and surf youtube like normal people...
Physically? NONE! Iam the one and only person to have access to my Android and Laptop.

Jester Maroc

Distinguished

It is very unlikely that Steam is the source of this (potential virus/malware). This is not normal behavior for viruses but hey, anything can be expected. A full scan with your AV and Malwarebytes after both are updated to the latest definitions should make this a very low probability.

I still believe the most likely cause is either your Windows 10 account or your Google account settings. If you experience the same issue on your Android device it points towards your Google account settings.

Not experiencing any restrictions on your Mac eliminates router settings (unless someone specifically adjusted the settings to block your PC's/Phone's physical addresses). It also eliminates ISP settings.

Solution

Jester Maroc

Distinguished

LOL!

4cloud

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2013
Yes thats what i thought aswell thanks.