(Webbar) Chrome maximize window screwed up

Status
Not open for further replies.

xhydr0

Reputable
Jun 8, 2015
Hey everyone, I was installing software that came bundled with some junk, and realized too late that I could hit "decline" and the installation would keep going. Anyway, I ended installing some PoS toolbar called "Webbar," and uninstalled it, yet the maximize window on Chrome won't fully maximize anymore, as though it is still there. Here's an example:

https://imgur.com/a/yeGxryO

It's not on my programs and features list, I've tried checking the task manager for any sign of webbar but it's still doing the same thing. Reinstalled Chrome to no avail. I understand it's not a huge issue, but it just pisses me off seeing that the screen won't properly maximize.

Thanks for any and all help!

Solution
Hi, right click on the taskbar and open Task Manager. Right click on "Windows Explorer" and choose restart. The desktop is part of Windows Explorer. I'm sure a reboot would've fixed it too.

I just tested it in a virtual machine and the Windows Explorer restart fixed it. Note that when restarting Explorer, some tray icons may disappear and not reappear. A reboot may be needed to make them reappear again.

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, right click on the taskbar and open Task Manager. Right click on "Windows Explorer" and choose restart. The desktop is part of Windows Explorer. I'm sure a reboot would've fixed it too.

I just tested it in a virtual machine and the Windows Explorer restart fixed it. Note that when restarting Explorer, some tray icons may disappear and not reappear. A reboot may be needed to make them reappear again.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.