[SOLVED] webcam blocked in Windows 10

Zaffer

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2013
Hi,
I've been trying to get various webcams working in my Windows 10 Pro desktop. More specifically, I'm trying to get a Papalook 1080p webcam working. The camera is recognized in Device Manager and uses Microsoft driver 10.0.17763.404, date 6/21/2006. I have checked Windows 10 privacy settings, and "allow apps to access your camera" is on. I have Norton 360 and I did a trial of disabling the firewall, no luck. Anybody have any other suggestions? Thanks.
Zaffer

Ralston18

Titan
Manually download the driver software via the manufacturer's website.

Install and configure the driver per instructions and configuration requirements.

Get the camera working first via the default settings if at all possible.

Then reconfigure, one change at a time, to meet your requirements.

Reference:

https://papalook.com/products/papalook-1080p-hd-webcam-pa452-pro

Do verify that I correctly identified the manufacturer, camera, and model.

Zaffer

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2013
Thanks Ralston18, Yes, you gave me the right link and I downloaded the available software, but this did not include a driver, only amcap v3.0.9 which opens but does not bring up a picture from the webcam. The Papalook is the 3rd webcam I tried. I also tried two Logitech webcams. I noticed in trying to download drivers for all of these webcams that drivers are generally not available, only software that does videos etc. I'm pretty sure something about Windows 10 or Norton 360 is blocking the camera. Any more suggestions? thanks.
Zaffer

TRENDING THREADS