[SOLVED] Webcam flickering on game startup no matter what I do ?

Oct 4, 2021
I have been trying to get back into streaming, and my webcam seems to flicker whenever a game is launched. I have updated everything, I have done clean installs of drivers, and I have also changed all power settings as well. I have an rtx 3090 as well as a ryzen 9 5900x. I bought this new webcam because the old Logitech c920 was also doing it, but this seems to be a windows issue or something. The current webcam is an Amcrest brand, the 2k model.

If anyone has any possible solution, I would love to hear it. The only reason this forum post is being created is because none of the other forums quite solved it. Hoping some of you guys who are more versed in this situation can help me!

Solution
Thanks for the reply Lutfij,
The os was sourced genuinely through Microsoft and i have manually reinstalled all drivers.

I can provide more information as needed
My specs are as follows.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (AM4)
Bios Version: 1805 (Afraid to go higher due to previous generation bricking my pc when updated)
Ram: 32gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200mhz
SSD/HDD: 1863GB Seagate ST2000DM008-2FR102 (SATA (SSD)
232GB NVMe Samsung SSD 970 SCSI Disk Device (NVMe SSD)
1863GB Seagate Portable SCSI Disk Device (USB SATA)
GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3090 O24G GAMING
PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 1000W 80+ Gold...

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

We're going to need a little more information about your system. Please list your system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
USB devices:

on a side note, if you're on Windows 10, please mention the OS version(not edition). Also take note of the motherboard's BIOS version at the time of writing. mind sharing where you sourced the installer for your OS? Did you manually reinstall all relevant drivers for your platform in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator? Please include a link to the latter webcam purchase.

Oct 4, 2021
The os was sourced genuinely through Microsoft and i have manually reinstalled all drivers.

My specs are as follows.

Bios Version: 1805 (Afraid to go higher due to previous generation bricking my pc when updated)
PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 1000W 80+ Gold
Chassis: Cooler Master Haf X
Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU
Asus VG245H
USB devices: HyperX Quadcast
Logitech G502 Wired Mouse
Corsair K55 keyboard
Amcrest webcam (The one in question, this is the link)
External USB Hard Drive
SteelSeries Arctis 9 Headset

My specs are as follows.

PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 1000W 80+ Gold
Chassis: Cooler Master Haf X
Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU
Asus VG245H
USB devices: HyperX Quadcast
Logitech G502 Wired Mouse
Corsair K55 keyboard
Amcrest webcam (The one in question, this is the link)
External USB Hard Drive
SteelSeries Arctis 9 Headset
I would do a clean boot and then try the webcam. This would eliminate any random software causing the issues that you have installed. If that solves the issue you can do many boots to find the service / application that is causing the issue. If you still have the issue I would disconnect everything from your computer except 1 monitor, 1 keyboard, and 1 mouse then do a clean boot restart. I would try different USB headers on the back of the motherboard including the front I/O USBs. If you still have the issue I would go through all of the cables in the PC making sure they are firmly connected to all devices. We can go from there if you still have the issue.

Solution
Oct 4, 2021
I would do a clean boot and then try the webcam. This would eliminate any random software causing the issues that you have installed. If that solves the issue you can do many boots to find the service / application that is causing the issue. If you still have the issue I would disconnect everything from your computer except 1 monitor, 1 keyboard, and 1 mouse then do a clean boot restart. I would try different USB headers on the back of the motherboard including the front I/O USBs. If you still have the issue I would go through all of the cables in the PC making sure they are firmly connected to all devices. We can go from there if you still have the issue.

Hi helper800, Sorry for late reply, never got an email saying that I received a reply. Would there be a way to keep my files with the clean boot? I don't have the fastest internet and it would take maybe a week to get everything downloaded again.

Oct 4, 2021
A clean boot does not remove any files, go ahead and read the like I posted.
Im not sure if it is completely fixed, but I may have isolated the problem. When the replay capture is on in SteelSeries GG, it messes with my recording software. Thanks for that solution, this was so much simpler than I thought it would be!

Reactions: helper800