[SOLVED] Webcam increases boot time?

Oct 9, 2020
Seeking help. My pc boots up slower than usual. Found out that my new webcam causes it because when I unplug it my pc boots up normally. Already tried to update the drivers but it says that it is the latest one. What else can I do?

Solution
Just a couple of immediate thoughts....

Webcam software or perhaps some other software coincidentally trying to update or backup.

Maybe some software glitch that eventually got cleared out.

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer. Also Windows update history.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include make and model webcam.

How many times have you rebooted your pc?

Look in Task Manager - determine if the new webcam software/drivers may have slipped in some other app or utility that is launching at startup.

Also look in Task Manager and Resource Monitor to determine if the drivers and/or software may be trying to update themselves, do some sort of backing up, or are just "phoning home.

Oct 9, 2020
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include make and model webcam.

How many times have you rebooted your pc?

Look in Task Manager - determine if the new webcam software/drivers may have slipped in some other app or utility that is launching at startup.

Also look in Task Manager and Resource Monitor to determine if the drivers and/or software may be trying to update themselves, do some sort of backing up, or are just "phoning home.

Hi. All good now. Just plugged the webcam to USB 2.0 and it went back to normal. Don't know why though.

I have:
Ryzen 3 3200g
Asus EX-A320m gaming
2x8gb 3200mhz
240gb SSD
1Tb HDD
Windows 10 Pro

Thanks for your reply! Maybe you can explain how/why the case?

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan

Webcam software or perhaps some other software coincidentally trying to update or backup.

Solution
Oct 9, 2020

Same thoughts :unsure: Will check into that. Thanks for your help!

Oct 9, 2020
Ugh. The camera is now malfunctioning. I am receiving a notification that the usb device is not detected or is not recognized by the system. However, it will work if I unplug/plug it. The camera by the way is a chinese brand called SriHome or SriCam. It is a plug & play device.