Windows 10 Home 64-bit V1083
i7 4770 CPU
16GB RAM
ASRock H87M Mobo
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GPU
SSD
Logitech C930e Webcam
Skype version 8.44.0.40

I have a Logitech C930e that I use for Skype calls. When video calling, in the small preview of your camera that the other person sees (see the attached example image), it appears as though my video is lagging. However, I asked the people I'm calling if my video is lagging and they say that it is not. So this apparent lag is on my end only. I've noticed the lag doesn't happen at the start of the call, but rather it starts lagging after just a little while.

a3765a15-4b33-4286-9b81-274568d19c6e

Things I've tried:
  • Uninstalled and reinstalled Skype.
  • Disabled antivirus.
  • Swapped USB ports for the webcam.
  • Checked CPU load when experiencing lag - CPU load isn't high.

I've asked on the Microsoft forums, but no luck there.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Jimmy.

connection throughput on the other end is a full 50% of the 'potential lag' equation as well....; quite possibly the image shown to you might take into account lag going to/from, etc.... (We might think perhaps our own image should always essentially be a clear 'xmit image' when that might not quite be the case from an application/skype connectivity/engineering standpoint...

you can check the application's functionality by doing a skype call to someone via local LAN connection, then someone else known to have 800 Mbps connection, try turning off VPNs (if applicable), firewalls, then work your way downward.....