Question Webcam not full resolution and software not working

ThatSourMelon

Prominent
Apr 21, 2019
I bought a rocket fish 2.0 Mb webcam, that’s the product name. It says the webcam is 1600x1200 at 30fps, but it will only let me shoot at 480p with a 4:3 form. (The photo is 800x600 but that doesn’t bother me much because I don’t use it.) I figured that could be because I didn’t download the drivers, so I tried that and opened the software, Live! Central. It says that there are no supported webcams connected, I tried replacing the webcam and restarting my computer. That doesn’t bother me too much, I just want to get my full resolution!

Also, is there a way to boost the audio level in windows, I tried in the control panel and it’s up all the way, and the audio boost isn’t showing.

Barty1884

Titan
Looks like an older webcam, with poor reviews for false advertising anywhere you look?

From some Amazon reviews:
This camera is advertised as "video capture up to 1600 x 1200; up to 30 fps", but at 1600x1200 you get 2.5 FPS. Even 640x480 is 14 FPS.
The installed software causes driver problems in Windows 7
So, I'd be doubtful the software was ever updated for W10, which might be part of the detection problem.

Where did you buy this webcam?

ThatSourMelon

Prominent
Apr 21, 2019
Looks like an older webcam, with poor reviews for false advertising anywhere you look?

From some Amazon reviews:

So, I'd be doubtful the software was ever updated for W10, which might be part of the detection problem.

Where did you buy this webcam?
The reviews weren’t too poor on other websites, 3-4 stars. I’ve had no problems so far, great 480p as it is, the only problem is it not being as high resolution as advertised. I bought it from eBay, similar price from amazon but it shipped faster.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS