Webcam SPW-229 350K pixel, Spee-Shangai Industrial Co.,Ltd

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 17, 2018
Gentlemen, It's about a webcam (SPW-229 350K pixel, Spee-Shangai Industrial Co.,Ltd) that I never used, and the system requirements on its box says - Windows 98/SE/ME/2000/NT/XP. Would there be a way to use this webcam in Windows 10?

Thank you very much. Personal info removed

Many thanks again.

acmegamers97

Prominent
Aug 30, 2017
Hi there Floripaplayer,

I will be happy to assist you today. As you said that "will it be able to run in win 10?" I would say "Yes". In the box they are saying that it is compatible with "Windows 98/SE/ME/2000/NT/XP". You can use webcam on Win 10 also one thing more "Win 10 is an upgraded version of Win XP".

If you are experiencing any problems then just please reply to this thread I will be happy to assist you again.

Warm Regards,
Acme Gamer

May 17, 2018

Is there anything to do about being plug & Play or not?

acmegamers97

Prominent
Aug 30, 2017

Hi there Floripaplayer,

I will be happy to assist you again. When you bought a webcam there will be a plug and play device (It is a USB wire that is connected with a PC). If not then you would have received a Bluetooth or a wireless receiver device to connect your webcam with your PC.

If this thread doesn't help then please reply to this thread once again and I will be happy to assist you again.

Warm Regards,
Acme Gamer

May 17, 2018

acmegamers97

Prominent
Aug 30, 2017

Hi there Floriapaplayer,

I will be happy to assist you once again. As you said it is appearing as an unknown device in the device manger, you can download the latest version of that device from it's original site. This will help you to solve your problem.

If you are still experiencing any problem I would recommend you to download IO-bit Driver booster (It will update each of your driver automatically). Hence still experiencing problem then just reply to this thread I will be happy to assist you again.

Warm Regards,
Acme Gamer

May 17, 2018

May 17, 2018

acmegamers97

Prominent
Aug 30, 2017

Hi there Floripaplayer,

It was a great pleasure for helping you and taking my time out for you. I'm happy that your problem is solved.

Warm Regards,
Acme Gamer

USAFRet

Titan

"You can use webcam on Win 10 also one thing more "Win 10 is an upgraded version of Win XP"

umm.....that is actually 100% incorrect.

USAFRet

Titan

"Driver booster" is actually a really, really bad idea.

acmegamers97

Prominent
Aug 30, 2017

Hi there Usafret,

I will be happy to inform some information today. Driver booster doesn't mean that it will boost your drivers it means that it will update your drivers like other updating driver tools.

As you said that win 10 isn't an upgraded version of win xp then one thing. Win Xp was turned to Win 7 with some minor improvement and then it was improved once again and it was named as win 8. After that Win 8.1 came by some minor improvements. After that WIN 10 came. So basically Win XP was evolved into new windows and it was carried on up to Win 10. So that's why I said Win 10 is basically upgraded version of WIN XP.

May this information helped you. Just reply to this thread and I will be happy for sharing our thoughts with each other.

Warm Regards,
Acme Gamer

USAFRet

Titan

1. "driver updater/booster" things have been proven to screw up systems.
Updating to the wrong driver version, or updating things that don't need updating.

2. By that logic, we might as well say that Win 10 is just an updated version of Win95.

acmegamers97

Prominent
Aug 30, 2017

You can also select the drivers you only need. The drivers that you don't want can not be updated until you tick mark them.

Yup we can also say that Win 95 is upgraded to WIN 10 not updated.

4745454b

Titan
Driver update programs a joke. To my knowledge there are no good ones, and many are dangerous virus filled programs. Avoid them at all costs.

XP and 10 are very different from each other. XP drivers won't even run on 10. Or even 7. MS changed the "space" or "ring" where drivers work between XP and Vista, so they don't work anymore. I could see an argument where you say 7 was upgraded to 10, but even that would be a stretch. XP is VERY different from 10. 95 evolved into 98, Win7 evolved into win8. XP and 10 share little in common.

acmegamers97

Prominent
Aug 30, 2017
Hi there 474554b,

I wanted to share that if driver updater was really a joke and download dangerous files. Won't you think that the laptop could easily be hacked or get slower like snail. I have updated all my drivers and my laptop is moving like an eagle.

As for Win, yup what you said is correct but there was discussion that win is completely different from it's previous versions.

That's All :).

Warm Regards,
Acme Gamer

Status
Not open for further replies.