Webcam XP. firewall and templates??

ste

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2002

Hello People!

I wonder if anyone can help me....

I am trying to get WebcamXP running on my server PC... Problem is its behind
a firewall and Im not sure what ports to leave open to allow it to be
accessible from the net. It works OK locally on the network, but I seem to
be having difficulty with external connections. Its is set up as a webpage
on my http server with the code for the cam added to the webpage html code.

Secondly, does anyone know of any free webcam template files, free to
download, so I can vary the page that appears when anyone accesses the
camera?? I am not too keen on the one built into the software, and wondered
if there might be a site somewhere that has others to download. Many Thanks

Steve

> I am trying to get WebcamXP running on my server PC... Problem is its
> behind
> a firewall and Im not sure what ports to leave open to allow it to be
> accessible from the net. It works OK locally on the network, but I seem
> to be having difficulty with external connections. Its is set up as a
> webpage on my http server with the code for the cam added to the webpage
> html code.

It sounds like you're having the type of problems I had except mine were
router rather than firewall based. Try this trhead - it may help
http://www.darkwet.net/darkboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16954

> Secondly, does anyone know of any free webcam template files, free to
> download, so I can vary the page that appears when anyone accesses the
> camera?? I am not too keen on the one built into the software, and
> wondered if there might be a site somewhere that has others to download.
> Many Thanks

Once you've got it working, why not just FTP the page down from your web and
modify the look manually?

TRENDING THREADS