Webpages rarely load despite stable connection

dinsfire

Honorable
May 26, 2013
I'm having a really hard time with my internet, and I'm completely stumped. I've spent weeks trying to Google the problem and have yet to find anyone describing my problem, or how to fix it.

Basically my problem is this: around 75% of the time, I'm unable to load webpages of any kind. I'm still connected to the internet, and have no issues using Skype, Steam, playing games online, and if a page is ALREADY loaded before it begins doing this, I can continue using that service, such as streaming Netflix or using Facebook chat, etc.. This means that as long as I'm connected to a server, there will be no interruption to the stream; it is only the ability to make that connection in the first place that is usually down.

Mind you, besides my desktop, there are 3 laptops, 4 smartphones, 1 tablet, and a Roku, all of which NEVER experience these issues. It's only my desktop, and it gets weirder this is on a fresh install of Windows 7 64bit, on a new custom build, and I've used 3 different connection methods (tethered from my phone via USB, USB wireless adapter, PCIE wireless adapter). I would love to try a hardwire ethernet connection to my router or modem, but that just isn't an option for me, unfortunately.

I've already tried the following
- Using a different browser (it's not a browser issue; consider the Minecraft server I mentioned)
- Uninstalling all wireless drivers, reinstalling only one
- Using a static DNS/IP, as well as leaving it auto
- resetlog.txt
- Resetting my modem and router has no effect. I just have to wait it out.
- updating router firmware
- Using a different network adapter (as previously mentioned)
- Contacting my ISP who refreshed the signal to my house, which did of course did nothing

Any tips or ideas AT ALL would be greatly appreciated.

dinsfire

Honorable
May 26, 2013

It's not a matter of browser functionality; during the times I'm unable to load webpages I also can't connect to other services and servers unless I was already connected in the first place. For example, I can't sign into Skype or Steam, even Minecraft, during these downtimes. If I'm already connected, however, there is no interruption in my connection to it, ever.

To answer your question, though, I'm using Chrome, though I've tried using IE, Opera, and Firefox and it made no difference.