[SOLVED] Website redirects - Generally harmless?

ShangWang

Respectable
Mar 26, 2021
Hi all,

Sorry if this question doesn't fit here but I'd like to ask.

I clicked on a website link and it redirected me to sites which on a virustotal check did not give obvious red flags and were generally "safe."

The original website seemed to have been moved to another and I don't know if it was tinkered afterward but it seems to be just made for ads

If you were to stumble onto these "ad website" redirects and you don't click on anything and closed the tab with ease, is there any possibility of any infection to your computer?

Last edited:
Solution
D
You would hope anyway. If the scans don’t turn anything out then I wouldn’t worry too much about it but if you notice funny behavior with your browser or anything else then you’re probably infected

ShangWang

Respectable
Mar 26, 2021
You shouldn’t post dangerous websites that must be removed from your post. Yes you could be infected
Sorry about that I'll remove them.

I see thanks, I did some scans to be sure but I'm good.

I don't think the sites I was redirected to would be able to do anything unless I actually interacted with it though.

D

Deleted member 14196

You would hope anyway. If the scans don’t turn anything out then I wouldn’t worry too much about it but if you notice funny behavior with your browser or anything else then you’re probably infected

Reactions: ShangWang
Solution