[SOLVED] website that publishes best settings for a GPU on a game?

cifroes

Distinguished
May 3, 2011
Is there any website where you can see the best settings you should select in-game to get the best performance/quality based on the GPU you have?

Seems like an interesting thing to have since I don't know if it's better to reduce resolution and increase quality settings or increase resolution but play on medium and stuff like that :)

Solution
Try your desired resolution, (1080P for many folks) and high quality...

If frame rates are acceptable, as would be typical for a GTX1060/RX580 or above, you might be done tinkering. (all the above assumes you have enough CPU/RAM to play the game at at least 60 fps minimums, as some CPUs are not entirely adequate for some of the newest games, such as 2c/4t Pentiums, and even 4c/t i5-6400 CPUs are staring to be taxed in some games......)

If lowering res and.or settings results in a noticeable frame rate jump, your GPU is not powerful enough for the first resolution tested... (for instance, expecting high framerates at 1440P/ultra from a GTX1050 in BF1, etc..)
Try your desired resolution, (1080P for many folks) and high quality...

If frame rates are acceptable, as would be typical for a GTX1060/RX580 or above, you might be done tinkering. (all the above assumes you have enough CPU/RAM to play the game at at least 60 fps minimums, as some CPUs are not entirely adequate for some of the newest games, such as 2c/4t Pentiums, and even 4c/t i5-6400 CPUs are staring to be taxed in some games......)

If lowering res and.or settings results in a noticeable frame rate jump, your GPU is not powerful enough for the first resolution tested... (for instance, expecting high framerates at 1440P/ultra from a GTX1050 in BF1, etc..)

Solution

MCMunroe

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2006
To many variables as well as the human factor of Taste.

I personally am fine with 60FPS in action games, and 30fps in RPG or strategy games. Remember that consoles are 30fps an look fine to folks.

Nvidia GeForce Experience offers to set settings for your game and card. But in my experience it just sets everything to low on my GTX 1050ti, GTX 1050 and GTX 1080 Ti Must be tuned for CSGO fans who want 400fps or cry.

@mdd1963 said is a great starting point. If your card is Entry Level Gaming try 1080p High presets and go from there. Would need to know CPU and GPU to give any more advice.