Question Websites/applications not loading, some will though?

Jun 6, 2021
It is quite confusing, and I am at a complete loss, but my wifi will let me connect to some things (youtube, discord, etc.) but it wont let me connect to others (modern warfare, twitter, etc.). I am utterly confused. I have done everything I can possibly think of doing, and my ISP said they would call me back two days ago. I don't know what's going on, so I thought I would come and see what you guys had in mind.

Jun 6, 2021
I have the full admin rights, also, I am on ethernet, so wouldn't the option of the router be eliminated?

Make and model: modem, router, or modem/router (if combined)?

The router's logs (if available and enabled) may provide some clue. Who has full admin rights to the router?

You will need help from that person.

Jun 6, 2021
I also find it weird that I am able to connect to this website, but not others? I am on a Discord call with my friend, but I can't login to call of duty. Youtube is streaming at 1080 with no problems either. It is just bizzare.

Ralston18

Titan
"Tiny amount of logs"?

What was the source of your initial logs presented in your Post #8?

You may need to clear the existing logs in order to get a clear, fresh picture of what is happening.

= = = =

What ethernet connection did you unplug?

As I understood your original post you were using a wireless connection.

On your computer did you have both the wired and wireless network adapters enabled and the wired network adapter physically connected to the router? And have subsequently unplugged that wired connection?

Are you doing the same on any other network computers?

Too many things seem to be changing.

How many devices on your network?

Run "arp -a" via the Command Prompt on your computer. Post the results for all lines starting with "192.168. ----etc."

Jun 6, 2021
https://pastebin.com/C2We8MRc - cmd thing

At the time I posted, I was using ethernet. Then you told me to get my router logs, and I have to be connected to the router to login to it so I disconnected the Ethernet. I only use one at a time so they dont conflict with each other. The source for my logs on #8 was my actual routers admin logs. I went to 192.168.1.1, and logged in and went to administrator and logs. Those logs were all that showed. I cleared it so I can get more. I have my ethernet plugged in through my wall, not my router. There should be 5-6 devices on my network, counting tv's and phones. What do you mean by "are you doing the same on any other network computers"? if you're talking about the internet not working, their internet is funky aswell.

Ralston18

Titan
"arp -a" proved useful only in that it did not list any other network computers/devices.

I expected to see at least two or three devices having 192.168.1.x IP addresses. Does your network have any devices assigned a Static IP address?

= = = =

By "doing the same", I meant having other network devices being connected both wired and wireless at the same time.

Ensure that all network devices are either wired or wirelessly connected. One or the other - not both at the same time.

= = = =

You should be able to log into the router's Admin pages from any network computer be it wired or wireless. And the wired connection does not need to be direct PC LAN port to Router LAN port.

Also, just for the record, when the router was originally configured you did change the default user name and password - correct? Not asking for them and do not post them in any case.

= = = =

Take a look at your network devices as the router is seeing them.

Per Page 121 of the User Manual - take a look at the Attached Devices list.

Do a screen capture (or captures) as necessary to show all connected devices and post via imgur (www.imgur.com).

I think there are network problems but those problems would not be website specific, as per your original post.

One problem masking another....

TRENDING THREADS