Week old GTX 1060 does not work after turning on PC today

Stratosfear

Commendable
May 16, 2016
Long story short I purchased a GTX 1060 which was working extremely well for the last week until this morning when I turned the PC on, every single game I tried to open in steam crashed when I attempted to start the game with the "ran out of memory" error, my GPU is only at 1-4% utilzation and the fans do NOT spin when idle right now (not sure if they did while idle previously), although I can make them spin in Afterburner.

I've done a fresh install of my drivers using DDU and the problem still exists, the light on the GPU is a bright white which I assume means it is working fine, the GPU is detected in Device Manager and seems to be working properly but the card itself does NOT load games and it is crashing tons of my programs like Chrome, Plays.tv, Discord etc.

Do I have anything else I need to do or should I send it back?

EDIT: Just checked Device Manager and the Device Status says Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

Stratosfear

Commendable
May 16, 2016

Evga 550W Supernova G2 PSU, i5 6600, H170M-E D3 Mobo, 6GB RAM, Samsung 970 EVO SSD

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
The gpu runs normal when no nvidia drivers are installed? The fans not spinning is normal at no load/idle.
Tried the igp to see if said programs still crash without the 1060 in the system?
Sure the "out of memory" was meant for the gpu,not the system ram?
Tried to reseat the 1060?
Bios has a gpu boost option? If so set to disabled.

From a Dutch thread someone came up with this when searching,

My friends,

Windows 10 user. It's been 6 months since I first had this issue on a GTX 950. I upgraded the card today to a GTX 1050, and wouldn't you know it... same issue. Blasted Code 43. So, the usual routine of tearing my hair out resumed. I have to admit that I was feeling pretty defeated this time, tried pretty much everything, but unfortunately nothing was working, as usual.

I was reading few the previous posts and I noticed someone had fixed the issue bby removing conflicting display drivers. On a hunch I deleted these two apps:

https://www.duetdisplay.com/

https://justgetflux.com/

I kid you not, instant fix. Installed most recent drivers... absolutely no problem. Unbelieveable!!! My recommendation to anyone having this issue is to ensure your installed programs that utlise display drivers aren't the issue.
might want to check for similar apps,maybe like the plays.tv you mentioned is me just mentioning something.

Stratosfear

Commendable
May 16, 2016

After reseating the GPU the code 43 has gone away but the same issues still exist.

Not too sure what you mean by runs normal, sorry

Ill test without the GPU in the system soon

Yeah, it specifcally mentions VRAM.

I’ll check for the GPU boost option and get back to you on that

RyanTodd1

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2015
This seems like more of a memory (RAM) issue than anything else, a GPU would not crash chrome or any other search browser or small program that doesnt require a GPU. Try doing some tests on the RAM or reseating at the very least.