Weekend Deals: 40% Off Dead Space Games (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
That HP Pavilion dm4x is sort of tempting even with the smaller screen. Though after configuring it I sadly found out that it will be taxed for me.
With the tax costing more than the promo code takes off I don't see the point. If I shop elsewhere even if my cost is a bit more than their initial price I would pay less due to not being taxed.

Also note the D2D deal says Activision on here while clicking the link it says on Capcom games.
Something worth mentioning about D2D is that they are having a 25% off pre-order sale at the moment.
This means BF3 for about $45 instead of $60.

valpanig

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2009
At the end of the year when you file your tax returns, you have to specify all tax free online purchases summarized as user tax. It was a sneaky way to actually tax users when they believe they got tax free deal online.

Raid3r

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
Hey valpanig, its funny you try and state such a "rule" as if its some obvious conclusion. You make me laugh, enraged and want to throw up at the same time. Being asked for tax online for for buying a good while getting shipping charges is a laughing stock. I say this becayse in the very same vein of hypocrisy people who bought into the "GreeN" ponzi scam with hybrids etc you name it. Will now start getting "taxed" because they don't use resources the same way.

I mean, GET IT??! Its always something right!?! Its really just a game and you can choose not to play.http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...tra-tax-owners-hybrid-electric-vehicles.shtml

reggieray

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2010
Last time I checked Dead space had nasty DRM with limited activations (Bioshock too), the reason I never bought them and still won't.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
Seems like no one has fixed the D2D error yet. Shame on you Marcus Yam, do we have to chain you to your desk again? Don't give me those excuses such as "This is my day off".

[citation][nom]valpanig[/nom]At the end of the year when you file your tax returns, you have to specify all tax free online purchases summarized as user tax. It was a sneaky way to actually tax users when they believe they got tax free deal online.[/citation]

Yeah... I totally do that... -shifty eyes-

valpanig

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2009
I am just saying, big brother didn't forget about "tax free" goods online. He just have to tighten a grip on it if he chooses so. I was surprised myself to get this question when i was filing my return.
Raid3r, i know we all free not to play this game but we as consumers are pretty much played here thinking that we get the best deal out there.
Stupid "user tax" , i don't even remember how much i spend online last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.