[SOLVED] Weird 30 FPS cap, Until i restart pc?...

Hydroshot

Reputable
Jun 13, 2015
Hello people of toms hardware, I am having a very strange issue with my PC. When i first start my computer up everything is working fine, i can game at 1080p 60fps and above with no fps cap, but it seems after i open a few apps and tab in and out of games and browser a couple of times ACTIVATE WINDOWS watermark randomly pops up from the depths of hell in the bottom right corner then suddenly when i tab back to my game it is LOCKED at 30fps UNTIL i change the resolution to something else other than 1080p then fps is uncapped except in 1080p, When i restart my PC everything is back to normal until the same thing happens again ! i play in fullscreen mode with VSync OFF. I have tried Reinstalling windows multiple times and of course updating gpu drivers and everything fancy and nothing seems to stop this issue from Plaguing my PC.. I have a Genuine Copy of Windows i bought it a couple of years back and i cant even get the product key to work but i keep pushing myself away from the thought thatit has anything to do with the weird FPS cap, even tho the cap happens whenever the ACTIVATE WINDOWS watermark pops up..
System Specs: Windows 10, Asus B450 mobo, Antec HCG 620 W, Ryzen 1600x, 16GB RIPJAWS V @ 3200Mhz, PowerColor RX 480 8gb, Sylvania 1080P 60 hz Monitor

Solution
Well might want to look at disabling fullscreen optimisation under the compatibility tab of the games's launch exe you're playing.

A non activated Windows though legal to run does prevent you personalising Windows. The extent of personalising circumstances im not sure.

If you had changed the motherboard since buying Win 10 that's probably why you can't activate if you didn't create an Ms account to transfer licence or the licence was from an oem machine.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Well might want to look at disabling fullscreen optimisation under the compatibility tab of the games's launch exe you're playing.

A non activated Windows though legal to run does prevent you personalising Windows. The extent of personalising circumstances im not sure.

If you had changed the motherboard since buying Win 10 that's probably why you can't activate if you didn't create an Ms account to transfer licence or the licence was from an oem machine.

Reactions: Hydroshot
Solution

Hydroshot

Reputable
Jun 13, 2015

Yeah, changed the motherboard several times in the past. would you suggest i buy another copy and do a fresh reinstall ?

Hydroshot

Reputable
Jun 13, 2015
Okay, sorry for the delay. I have just activated windows using a method i found in a video and everything is completely activated. I will game some now and see if the issue occurs again!