Weird Acting PC

slyder01

Honorable
May 1, 2013
Here goes. When I push the power button, the computer comes starts up, then shuts down after about 30 seconds then restarts, it is running but nothing on the monitor. I shut it down, unplugged everything, waited awhile, plugged everything back in and it fired up, worked flawless. Go to shut it down through shut dwn on monitor, monitor goes black but pc keeps running for hours, I then shut it down manually. If I turn it back on right away it works, if I wait 20 minutes, does same thing over. Now even with unplugging everything the pc starts up and is running after it's own restart again but nothing on monitor. I even pulsed graphics card out, put it back in, it started and performed flawless. Went to shut down and again had to manually and back to same issue it turns on but no picture, weird acting, I even did a windows 10 recovery.
Anyone can give me advice thanks in advance.
Asus z77 motherboard, nvidia thx 670 card, i7 3770k processor, seasonic 650 power supply.

joaombento

Prominent
Jan 28, 2018

Sometimes such a behavior is due to overheating of the GPU or CPU.
After they overheat the computer is instantaneously shut down. I don't know exactly but the processors should have a way to signal through hardware the motherboard to shutdown. If someone may conform this or explain would be great.
I've seen (specially laptops) quite a few ending in this manner. When people go to repair them, it's already too late.

Usually after some years the the fans stop working or almost and must be replaced ore repaired (clean everything and put a small drop of oil on the rotating part - oil of sewing machine for example). Everyone should should be aware of this potential problem and act as soon as the computer doesn't ventilate as before.

I don't know if this helps you but perhaps it may help someone else.

Overclocking may also be a problem I would expect.

Thanks.
Bye.

slyder01

Honorable
May 1, 2013

slyder01

Honorable
May 1, 2013
Thank you for your reply. The pc doesn't shut down or never did on its own, it doesn't shut down now unless I do it manually, that is if I could see on monitor what is going on since now when I start it, it runs for about 30 seconds, shuts down and restarts right away and stays running but no picture and the reason I don't think it graphics card is because it doesn't shut down unless I do it manually, weird

TRENDING THREADS