[SOLVED] weird and odd hard drive I get it working somehow ..

Nov 23, 2019
weird and odd hard drive I get it working somehow ..

so I bought this new PC and with 1TB hard drive in ! when I was in the store I did't turn it on ( they said it was working and was like ok )
I toke it home & I live almost 1000 km away from the store that I bought this pc from so when I transformed this 1tb hard drive to my main PC I started getting this problem of the hard drive getting disconnected from the system o_O ...
I tried :
changing SATA ports, SATA Cables
formating it , and nothing works it shows up and when you start copying files into it it disconnect

till one day I was like I am going to fix it or to break it

so I toke it off & start turning it just by my hand & I was hearing this soft sound that's not normal so I knew it was a bad hard drive so as my last try I mounted it upside down and I lunched a CrystalDiskMark to stress test it and it was working
it's working for almost a week now

so my question is : what's going on ?

Solution
As you may be aware, HDD are very disposed to damage from shock. Travelling that far may have damaged the drive, assuming it wasn't bad when purchased.

If you have already experienced this problem with the drive I would not count on it being reliable. If you use it at all I would either put items that are easily re-installed (like games) or have a back up elsewhere.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
As you may be aware, HDD are very disposed to damage from shock. Travelling that far may have damaged the drive, assuming it wasn't bad when purchased.

If you have already experienced this problem with the drive I would not count on it being reliable. If you use it at all I would either put items that are easily re-installed (like games) or have a back up elsewhere.

Solution