Weird Anti Aliasing

thewinged98

Commendable
Oct 15, 2017
I have this issue on some games, but not on others. What could possibly be causing it? (I'm talking about the wires and the street lines and how half of em are literally missing! (I have the game on High settings btw)

https://prnt.sc/ip1dc5

drbones8472

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2010
Those are powerlines in the game and its not really all that wierd. It means that in order to actually see the lines how they should be you would need to turn your Anti-Aliasing/AA to a higher setting. I would personally just ignore it. That happens a lot in games that have very small textures that are long and thin.

Try changing the form of anti-aliasing being used.

There may be an option in the game settings.

If it isn't choose-able you should be able to force a different form of anti-aliasing in the gpu settings.

Some forms of anti-aliasing look for edges on objects.

If the edges it detects are too small then instead of the black edge being "smeared" the background color is instead "smeared" in causing the sky, clouds or trees to replace parts of the power line..

I put your photo in Gimp (free imaging manipulation tool) and maxed out the contrast and lowered the brightness and the outline of the invisible power-lines do start to show, further backing up the above.

thewinged98

Commendable
Oct 15, 2017

So basically the game is loading in a much higher resolution than my native resolution? (1680x1050)

The anti-aliasing being used isn't meshing well with your resolution, 1680x1050.

You either need to disable anti-aliasing, change anti-aliasing to a different method or raise the resolution.

thewinged98

Commendable
Oct 15, 2017

I already have AA on x4 in my Nvidia Control Panel, since you cannot change it in H1Z1's options, but it doesn't really change anything. Disabling it just makes it worse tho. Also x8 is gonna make my PC die so I don't wanna try that, expecially with H1Z1.