Nov 27, 2020
Hello. So I have just build the following setup

Ryzen 5 3600
Gigabyte Aorus B550 Pro
Gugabyte RTX 2070 Super windforce 3x
GSkill Ripjaws F4 3200C 16 gb
Corsair RM750X
Coolermaster Hyper 212 Black

And I have the following issue..At first the pc booted correctly.After I tried to shut it down, the pc automatically restarted instead, the cpu led came on on the mobo and the pc wouldnt start. Updated the bios, downloaded the ryzen master,checked the bios again and nothing would come up as an error.Of course switched the cpu cable, made sure that everything is connected correctly etc.
After a fluke of a thought went to check the power plan on windows, switched it to balanced. After that the pc stopped restarting when i shut it down but started doing another weird thing.

Now, a second before shutting down, I hear a short clicking sound and the cpu led comes on for a split second and off again..

I m off the pc building hobby for quite some years and don't even now if this is normal or not..

P.S. the pc runs normal, passed stress tests, benchmarks etc...But i really believe that it should't behave like this while shutting down?

Nov 27, 2020
download and install the b550 chipset drivers it will give you the RYZEN power plan not just the standard windows power plan. hope that helps
I have updated bios to the latest build and pretty much everything else that needed updating. As far as the power plan, it was set to the Ryzen default at the beginning and I changed it to the windows default (balanced). As soon as I did that it stopped restarting when I chose to shut down (and then freezing at boot with the cpu led on).

I found at the corsair forums that the clicking noise is normal as it is shutting down the relay (or something like that),so now the only thing that worries me is IF it is normal for the cpu led,and the gpu leds to both flash for a second and then shut down.

TRENDING THREADS