Question Weird "artifact" issue help

mat1995

Reputable
Sep 16, 2019
Hello
I´ve changed my television 1080p to a samsung bu8000 4k
The problem , that 2 particular games ( dmc5 , re2) , i think it is the re engine , shows white "artifacts" or "dots" (almost a single pixel) when using the pause menu
This happened once i´ve changed my tv ( default resolution was 1680x1050) and turned up the resolution to 4k
The resolution was 1680x1050 on both games and i turned it up(3840x2160) in both games and the issue appeared during this time
I could never reproduce this issue again
I´ve played other games at 4k and this does not happen at all
Weird thing that this only happened when using the pause menu(and changing settings) on both games
My tv is brand new (1 day old) and i´m wondering , could this be my hdmi cable or the tv?
It can´t be my gpu since gigabyte completely tested my gpu , i´ve rmaed the gpu but it was false alarm
My hdmi cable is pretty long and it is not very good tbh
Is there a way to check the hdmi version?
Also , my tv defaulted to 4k 24hz when i first connected the pc (idk if this could be a limitation on the hdmi cable itself) but it still shows 3840x2160 60hz in the nvidia panel
What could be the source of this ? ( it is like a single pixel white dot when changing the settings in the pause menu)
Thanks

Hello
I´ve changed my television 1080p to a samsung bu8000 4k
The problem , that 2 particular games ( dmc5 , re2) , i think it is the re engine , shows white "artifacts" or "dots" (almost a single pixel) when using the pause menu
This happened once i´ve changed my tv ( default resolution was 1680x1050) and turned up the resolution to 4k
The resolution was 1680x1050 on both games and i turned it up(3840x2160) in both games and the issue appeared during this time
I could never reproduce this issue again
I´ve played other games at 4k and this does not happen at all
Weird thing that this only happened when using the pause menu(and changing settings) on both games
My tv is brand new (1 day old) and i´m wondering , could this be my hdmi cable or the tv?
It can´t be my gpu since gigabyte completely tested my gpu , i´ve rmaed the gpu but it was false alarm
My hdmi cable is pretty long and it is not very good tbh
Is there a way to check the hdmi version?
Also , my tv defaulted to 4k 24hz when i first connected the pc (idk if this could be a limitation on the hdmi cable itself) but it still shows 3840x2160 60hz in the nvidia panel
What could be the source of this ? ( it is like a single pixel white dot when changing the settings in the pause menu)
Thanks
What GPU?

Get a new HDMI cable.

mat1995

Reputable
Sep 16, 2019
What GPU?

Get a new HDMI cable.

rtx 3060 12gb
This is probably the snowing effect but it is so random and rare to occur since it never happened after
My nvcp is showing 3840x2160 60hz but the cable defaulted to 3840x2160 24hz.
Am i forcing the cable or it really supports 4k 60hz?
Also , is there a way to check the hdmi cable version?
Thanks

mat1995

Reputable
Sep 16, 2019
I'd start with a new cable. Can't hurt especially if yours is really old.
it is so weird that only happened in these 2 games and only in the pause menu
i can´t even reproduce again
Can´t be the gpu since it just came from gigabyte and they told me that the gpu is 100%
My tv is also brand new and never happened elsewhere
Do cables lenght have impact on performance? As this one is really long (like more than 15m)
Thanks

it is so weird that only happened in these 2 games and only in the pause menu
i can´t even reproduce again
Can´t be the gpu since it just came from gigabyte and they told me that the gpu is 100%
My tv is also brand new and never happened elsewhere
Do cables lenght have impact on performance? As this one is really long (like more than 15m)
Thanks
So it doesn't happen any more? Then don't worry about it.