[SOLVED] Weird artifacts on system with RX 580

Bubble_Double

Honorable
Aug 26, 2016
One of my friends recently got a prebuilt system with an rx 580, r7 3700x, 16 gb ram, 1 ssd & hdd, and a 600w evga PSU (https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberp...drive-240gb-ssd-white/6362426.p?skuId=6362426). It's a pretty good build with no cheap off brand parts on it, but today it crashed while playing a random game, then after restarting the PC he'd get weird graphical glitches (sometimes crashing) especially when bumping the table. I saw a lot of other people with the same GPU had the same exact problems, but no one had found a definitive solution. I've never had problems like this with my nvidia gpu, and this hasn't ever happened to another friend of ours who also has a pretty similar system except with a ryzen 2600. I tried wiping the drivers then downloading the 2020 version, I tried limiting the power of the GPU, i changed some settings that people recommended, i updated him to the newest driver but nothing seems to work, also his tems are completely normal. He even gets these glitches on games like CSGO which barely use the GPU. Is there any solution to this?

Solution
EVGA has good and bad model. Without the model we can't know.

Anyway bumping the table does that? It's the GPU. When you bump the table there isn't a lot of stuff moving in a PC. GPU in the PCIe Slot. CPU cooler if you have a tower could move but that won't do much unless you flip the table with the system on it.

Could be the GPU not seated properly in the PCie Slot and bumping the table isn't gonna help.

"It's a pretty good build with no cheap off brand parts on it"

Unfortunately there is no brand and model on most parts on the link you gave us. So there is no way you could know if that system doesn't have a cheap SSD, RAM, PSU, Motherboard etc. We don't even know what RX 580 model is in that system.

The only thing we know for...

Anyway bumping the table does that? It's the GPU. When you bump the table there isn't a lot of stuff moving in a PC. GPU in the PCIe Slot. CPU cooler if you have a tower could move but that won't do much unless you flip the table with the system on it.

Could be the GPU not seated properly in the PCie Slot and bumping the table isn't gonna help.

Unfortunately there is no brand and model on most parts on the link you gave us. So there is no way you could know if that system doesn't have a cheap SSD, RAM, PSU, Motherboard etc. We don't even know what RX 580 model is in that system.

The only thing we know for sure is that this system has a RYZEN 3700X for the CPU. Everything else is a big mystery.

Solution

Bubble_Double

Honorable
Aug 26, 2016

The only thing we know for sure is that this system has a RYZEN 3700X for the CPU. Everything else is a big mystery.
Thing is its not my system and my friend doesn't know a lot about computers. The motherboard is an asrock B450M/ac, while the gpu is a XFX RX 580 8 gb model