Question Weird artifacts when bootin up

Aug 16, 2019
Hi guys, recently i've bought PC, took me a while to screw everything up and start the first boot, everything seemed fine until i had to restart PC.

Instead of ASRock logo and Windows logo after, I saw two, maybe three very thin orange (sometimes blue) vertical lines, it kinda worried me, then I restarted once again and this time there wasnt thin line, whole goddamn screen was filled with vertical lines like on striped t-shirt.

In games, i havent seen yet any artifacts, it only happens when booting up

My PC:
GPU : Sapphire Radeon RX 570 PULSE, 8GB GDDR5
Case: SilentiumPC Signum SG1 TG Pure Black
RAM: Patriot Viper 4, DDR4, 8 GB,3000MHz, CL16 ( XMP profile active to get 3000MHz)
Motherboard: ASRock B450 Pro4
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz
PSU: SilentiumPC Vero L2 500W
SSD: Crucial BX500 480GB SATA3

I use TV screen as my monitor, maybe thats the reason - when artifacts happen, my TV is on DVI1 mode (although i dont have any dvi cables connected to gpu), after that pc switch to HDMI and everything is fine.

Please guys, help me out - I dont know if i should worry or not.

Last edited:
I have seen some odd screens on startup like you describe.
They pop up quick and go away pretty quick.
I'm not 100% sure of their origin but as far as I can recall I never had problems after it booted.

....but I really think you might be onto something as far as the TV.

If it's in DVI mode.....and I assume you meant "the TV switches to HDMI" (not the PC)....I think that when this switch occurs.....if that's when you are seeing the lines.....I think the lines might be the result of the TV switching to HDMI mode.

Aug 16, 2019
I have seen some odd screens on startup like you describe.
They pop up quick and go away pretty quick.
I'm not 100% sure of their origin but as far as I can recall I never had problems after it booted.

....but I really think you might be onto something as far as the TV.

If it's in DVI mode.....and I assume you meant "the TV switches to HDMI" (not the PC)....I think that when this switch occurs.....if that's when you are seeing the lines.....I think the lines might be the result of the TV switching to HDMI mode.

Thanks for reply, yeah i meant TV switches to HDMI, but sometimes PC boot normally without this lines, i dont know on what it depends,