Weird Behaviors of Different Hard Drives On My PC! Please Help :/

taimoorbaig382

Reputable
Jun 15, 2017
Hello Everyone.

I am in a serious problem.

I left my PC running last night and when I got up in morning and I saw that the PC went into SLEEP MODE.

I tried pressing every button on my keyboard but nothing happened so disconnected the main power cord.

Then after 5 mins, I tried powering it on again and it Windows was stuck on loading.

I waited for 45mins but still Windows keep on loading with that white ball of balls spinning :)

I again removed my power cord and after 5 mins plugged it again and Powered up the PC

I got a message that, "no supported bootable devices are found"! I was quite shocked.

I opened my case and placed my hand on my HDD and it was not spinning! I tried replacing the cable which powers the HDD but nothing helped.

I went for breakfast and came back tried again and HDD went fine ;)

Next I started the installation of fresh copy of Windows 10 from my USB..

When it reached 33% I got a error again regarding to storage device!

I placed my hand again on HDD and once again it was not spinning!

I tried 4 times and finally reached desktop after successfully installing Windows 10

I was using my PC and it got hang for a few secs and I got the BLUE SCREEN ERROR saying CRITICAL PROCESS DIED.

Again HDD stopped spinning and after several restarts it went fine but again after sometime it fails like described above.

My HDD's health was at 0%.

So I went to my friend's place and borrowed his NEW HDD (79% health) and tried installing Windows 10.

I went into Windows Setup and tried to format my desired partition but got this error, "We couldn't format the selected partition. [Error: 0X80070057]

Same error pops up if I try deleting any partition!

I tried to install Windows without formatting the partition and and as soon I clicked on NEXT after selecting my desired partition, this error popped up, "We couldn't install Windows in the location you chose. Please check your media drive. Here's more info about what happened: 0X80070002"

I placed hand on HDD and IT WAS SPINNING FINE (My friend's HDD is currently connected)

I restarted my PC and this time my friend's perfect HDD was not detected! (It was spinning fine)

I removed power cable and all other things and like restarting several times and finally gets detected but Same errors while trying to install Windows.

###NOTE###
My friend's HDD spins all time. No spinning issue from friend's HDD

I have told as I much as I could BUT STILL IF YOU GUYS NEED ANYTHING ELSE PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK. :)

Solution
Seagate ST3500414CS - is basically dead already. I'm not sure, how it is still possible to run windows from it. Discard and replace.
WD WD1600AABS - doesn't show any SMART data. Either SMART monitoring is turned off on the sata port or the drive is severely damaged/corrupted so it can't show any SMART data.

Have you tried connecting WD1600AABS to a different sata port?

taimoorbaig382

Reputable
Jun 15, 2017
###EDIT###

Let's forget everything and focus on this first:

I went into Windows Setup and tried to format my desired partition but got this error, "We couldn't format the selected partition. [Error: 0X80070057]

Same error pops up if I try deleting any partition!

I tried to install Windows without formatting the partition and and as soon I clicked on NEXT after selecting my desired partition, this error popped up, "We couldn't install Windows in the location you chose. Please check your media drive. Here's more info about what happened: 0X80070002"

I placed hand on HDD and IT WAS SPINNING FINE (My friend's HDD is currently connected)

I restarted my PC and this time my friend's perfect HDD was not detected! (It was spinning fine)

I removed power cable and all other things and like restarting several times and finally gets detected but Same errors while trying to install Windows.

Clean your drive with diskpart before installing windows onto it.

Probably bad install media. Recreate install media.

taimoorbaig382

Reputable
Jun 15, 2017
@SkyNetRising

Sir, I tried that diskpart, as soon as I try to run CLEAN command I get this error:

"Diskpart has encountered an error: The system cannot find file specified. See the System Event Log for more information."

Please help sir

taimoorbaig382

Reputable
Jun 15, 2017
@SkyNetRising

Sir, My installation media is completely fine. I can successfully install Windows from it on my own failing hard drive but the errors listed above are only encountered when I try to install Windows on my friend's HDD. Do you want me to list make and model of my HDDs?

taimoorbaig382

Reputable
Jun 15, 2017
@SkyNetRising

Ok I'll try to boot on my old HDD and install the software you mentioned. If I succeeded, I will post the pics you asked. Just give men 15mins sir. I have a deep hope with you sir. I am a poor guy and can't afford a new HDD right now :(

taimoorbaig382

Reputable
Jun 15, 2017

Here you go sir :)

NiFnGdG.png

Fx2oZJ0.png

llijeuq.png

ckt6QGg.png

taimoorbaig382

Reputable
Jun 15, 2017
@SkyNetRising

***MY RIG***

Intel Xeon E3-1245 V3 @ 3.40 GHZ
Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED (Red)
Asus Q87M-E MotherBoard
Micron 8GB 1600MHz RAM
Seagate Barracuda 500GB SATA 7200RPM
Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 8GB
Antec Basiq Power 550W Modular 80-Plus Power Supply
Cooler Master MB600L Case (Red)

taimoorbaig382

Reputable
Jun 15, 2017
@SkyNetRising

I noticed one thing sir, HDDworks fine until there is no load on it. I launched Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 and when the loading bar went half way it got stuck. I pressed START and menu popped up. I tried moving mouse and the pointer moved with STUTTERING! Like 5 FPS on a game :( Then BSOD saying Critical Process Died
Restarted the PC and now none of the HDD were detected. They both were spinning but it still undetected. USB is always detected.

Seagate ST3500414CS - is basically dead already. I'm not sure, how it is still possible to run windows from it. Discard and replace.
WD WD1600AABS - doesn't show any SMART data. Either SMART monitoring is turned off on the sata port or the drive is severely damaged/corrupted so it can't show any SMART data.

Have you tried connecting WD1600AABS to a different sata port?

Solution

taimoorbaig382

Reputable
Jun 15, 2017
@SkyNetRising

Sir, too sad for my Seagate HDD.

No, I haven't tried WD on different port. I'll try it now and report back...

Do you know one thing.... I live in Karachi, Pakistan.... Here is a Computer Market named Regal Market.... There is a person.. I have met him personally. This guy can perform miracle on HDDs. Just give him a HDD with low or no health and he is gonna restore it's health back to 100% for just 250PKR!

No. That is not possible. :)
It may be possible to make hdd appear healthy, while it has failed already. But it is not possible to make it actually healthy again without completely replacing all the parts inside.

This person is a scam artist.

Did you get your drives from this person?

taimoorbaig382

Reputable
Jun 15, 2017
@SkyNetRising

No I didn't bought HDDs from that person....

But I bought the Seagate HDD in slightly used condition for 2000PKR from an unknown shopkeeper. I called the person to claim warranty but he said, "Warranty is only applicable if your HDD dies" :(