Question Weird behaviour and crashes during gaming on RX 5700 XT

Oct 5, 2020
While gaming, my PC has been experiencing slight problems, such as Task Manager reporting GPU usage at 100% for a split second, spike-shaped texture corruptions that later crash the game, and even the whole computer suddenly turning off completely. Also, immediately after startup, you can hear the GPU buzz every time I scroll up or down a webpage. This goes away after a few minutes

I believe it could be the power supply, as I got a PowerSpec 750W Gold unit from Micro Center. For referene, the rest of my build:
Ryzen 5 3600
ASUS Tuf X570-Plus Wifi
2x8gb gskill trident z 3200 c16
Gigabyte Windforce RX 5700 XT

I have no physical equipment to test my power supply, nor a reliable 750w+ backup. Any help?

Pickachu

Prominent
Apr 15, 2019
What is the version of your gpu drivers?
Can you get another gpu and replace it with the 5700Xt(and try to play with the other gpu).
When you bought your psu?

Oct 5, 2020
I bought my PSU about 2-3 months ago. I use the one cable to fill the 8 and 6 pin, I read that was OK online but if it isn't I'll use 2 separate cables. Using Radeon Adrenalin 20.9.1, latest version.
The only other GPU I have is a GTX 745, no 6 pin or anything. I used it for a couple days no problem while I waited for my 5700 XT to arrive.

Pickachu

Prominent
Apr 15, 2019
I bought my PSU about 2-3 months ago. I use the one cable to fill the 8 and 6 pin, I read that was OK online but if it isn't I'll use 2 separate cables. Using Radeon Adrenalin 20.9.1, latest version.
The only other GPU I have is a GTX 745, no 6 pin or anything. I used it for a couple days no problem while I waited for my 5700 XT to arrive.
Try with 2 separate cables and reply here whats going on with it.

Oct 5, 2020
Okay, I used 2 separate cables for my GPU, but the problem has worsened. Not 2 hours after booting it up and running the OCCT psu stress test, I got a BSOD with an error about attempting to write to read-only memory. After running chkdsk and Windows Memory Diagnostic with no problems, I tried to play CSGO. The computer shut itself off after 5 minutes of gameplay, with no warning. The graphics card was relatively cool to the touch.

I've been looking at buying a Seasonic 850W to replace my Powerspec 750W power supply, could that be the fix? Or is there something wrong with my graphics card?

ASK THE COMMUNITY