Weird behaviour (new build)

calikberil

Reputable
Feb 8, 2016
Hello eveyone. I've had this new build for the last 5 days and I have experienced a weird reboot a couple of times. Both of them happened while running a game, ALT-tab to the desktop, trying to open Chrome and then the computer rebooted itself (as if I had pressed the reset button). Both times the computer had been running for several hours already and I had played for quite some time without issue.

Temps are fine and the stress test seem OK too. Could it be a PSU problem? Maybe software related?

Thanks in advance.

calikberil

Reputable
Feb 8, 2016

It's an i5 6600K with an Arctic Liquid Freezer 120, Mobo Gigabyte Z170 HD3P, 2x8GB 2400 DDR4, GTX 670 DirectCU II and a quite old Soundblaster Audigy ZS (I've had this one for over 10 years). There's also a Samsung 840 SSD and 2 HDD (one brand new 2TB Toshiba and an old Barracuda). The case has two fans apart from the Artctic ones. All of the old components I had them installed in my previous build and were working properly.

Edit: I forgot the PSU: a Cooler Master G700

calikberil

Reputable
Feb 8, 2016
I got two new reboots while transfering data to a tablet. No other programs running at that moment. I ran a memtest and all came back fine. Any ideas what could I check next? I'm running out of ideas...