Question Weird black flipping thing that hinders mouse activity

Feb 13, 2019
Exactly as the title says. Sometimes scrolling gets stopped all the sudden and I can't do anything to make it scroll, be it mouse wheel or dragging the scroll bar, then by doing so, this thing appears in the corner. Image to show what it looks like.

Always at the lower right corner of my screen, just above the taskbar. I have no idea what this is, and it goes away from time to time. I don't really know what triggers it either, as sometimes it appears for no apparent reason (like right now as I'm typing), but every time it appears, it's as if the mouse becomes unresponsive and unable to move windows, click buttons, scroll/drag, etc.

Feb 13, 2019
First you'll need to eliminate the mouse as being faulty by trying another one. If problem remains then it must be the OS, in which case further investigation is required.
I think it's probably the OS as this only happened after I updated my Windows. The mouse is fairly new, and it doesn't glitch when I'm in some other program, and from my observations, Discord, Steam, and playing games seem to never trigger this. It only happens when I'm using Firefox or Windows Explorer. And as said, every time this happens, that weird black flipping object appears in the lower right corner of the screen each time, even while typing (and therefore not using the mouse).

TRENDING THREADS