Weird black Lines coming from monitor when playing pc games

cmon3play

Reputable
Nov 25, 2015
i have this weird lines when playing games i think it is my graphics card or connection or my monitor but when i connect to hdmi its okay. My problem is when im not playin it is normal but when I playing games my screen had this weird flick i think or its not. They said that it is my monitor i think so because it is old it can handle 1360x768 maximum resolution. They said that i need to buy a vga to hdmi converter to solve this mess.

Do you think its my monitor ? it only has a vga port and i using a vga to dvi adapter
sorry for my English. Thank you

My specs:
i5 4460
gigabyte 600 watts
gtx 960 2g msi 100 million edition
8 gb of ram
etc

Solution
My money is on your monitor adapter being unsuitable. I never recommend the use of monitor adapters, they just confuse the situation. I'd rather buy a new monitor that has the inputs I need, indeed I've given away a couple of monitors in the past 12 months rather than buy input adapters for them.
My money is on your monitor adapter being unsuitable. I never recommend the use of monitor adapters, they just confuse the situation. I'd rather buy a new monitor that has the inputs I need, indeed I've given away a couple of monitors in the past 12 months rather than buy input adapters for them.

Solution

cmon3play

Reputable
Nov 25, 2015

are you sure but my hd 5770 its okay when i using an adapter

cmon3play

Reputable
Nov 25, 2015

i already did now i use uninstall utility guru 3d in safe mode install new drivers in normal mode but still happening and i didnt change any cable but two monitors are the same and still happening maybe i will buy a new monitor with dvi port? i just confuse because it works perfectly while gaming and no issues when using HDMI but i have problem when using vga(d-sub) monitor. :(

cmon3play

Reputable
Nov 25, 2015

just got tested in my friend's monitor it was okay no flick lines or whatsoever and its my monitor problem i will buy his monitor with dvi connector ty for the answers :wahoo: