Question Weird Blue Screen Error (Memtest86 and Minidump Included)

teberzin

Reputable
Oct 26, 2020
Hello Dear Tom's Hardware community,

I build new system last week : GA-A320M-S2H (rev. 1.X), HX432C16FB3/16, AMD Ryzen 5 3600, NVIDIA GTX 750 Ti on Everest Rampage Titan Case.

Since I start to use this system I'm getting blue screen error randomly. I tried to get their common point but there's no common point of these blue screens. Sometimes I'm getting after played game for more than 5 hours sometimes I'm getting durin playing game even sometimes I'm getting without doing anything. Only common thing I reliaze is if there's sound when blue screen came Sound is getting stuck.

I can't remember each error but I remember : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50), APC_INDEX_MISMATCH I saw another errors too.

My all drivers are updated, I updated BIOS, I made Memtest86 CLICK for result. Also here is Minidump if you need it CLICK. I made also OCCT test to test my GPU From all of it it didin't get any error but when I tried to test memort from OCCT it's crashing.

I need help about it. Eachtime i get blue screen it's stuck on %100 and for that I'm resterting from power button it's damaging my pc each time. I don't know what to do.

Thanks.

teberzin

Reputable
Oct 26, 2020
wish the memtest results didn't just show the html for the page instead. I assume it shows no errors?

I have asked a friend to look at the dumps.
I get 3 times today and also I encounter with System Service Exception this time. Is there any one looking for minidump I think this is bit urgent because each time I get blue screen I'm reseting by pressing power button and I think this is giving damage to my pc.

teberzin

Reputable
Oct 26, 2020
wish the memtest results didn't just show the html for the page instead. I assume it shows no errors?

I have asked a friend to look at the dumps.
I just realize one thing on memtest86. In memtest86 it's says for my ram's model KHX1600C9D3K4/16GX but my ram model is HX432C16FB3/16 How can it be possible?

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/nk4g0q5t/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:111320-8750-01.dmp (Nov 13 2020 - 15:38:20)
Bugcheck:PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: brave.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 1 Hour(s), 20 Min(s), and 37 Sec(s)

File information:111320-7390-01.dmp (Nov 13 2020 - 13:54:38)
Bugcheck:DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: Discord.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 21 Hour(s), 13 Min(s), and 02 Sec(s)

File information:111320-6500-01.dmp (Nov 12 2020 - 16:38:35)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_INVALID_LOCK_RELEASE (162)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: brave.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 33 Min(s), and 01 Sec(s)

File information:110920-7640-01.dmp (Nov 9 2020 - 13:45:31)
Bugcheck:APC_INDEX_MISMATCH (1)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: Battle.net.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 9 Hour(s), 20 Min(s), and 14 Sec(s)

File information:110720-10093-01.dmp (Nov 6 2020 - 16:51:04)
Bugcheck:PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: nvcontainer.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 10 Hour(s), 35 Min(s), and 44 Sec(s)
Comment: He posted a pic of Memtest results above, here's the webpage of it: https://jsfiddle.net/8va3rLnz/show

Comment: According to the dump file (BIOS section), the RAM is: KHX3200C16D4/16GX

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-A320M-S2H-rev-1x
I am unable to tell which revision of the motherboard that you have. You recently updated from BIOS version F42 to F52. I think you have the latest BIOS for your board.

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
the ram you have is https://www.kingston.com/dataSheets/HX432C16FB3_16.pdf which is the right cas latency for your board I would expect - cl16
the ram you think you had is cl9 - https://www.kingston.com/dataSheets/KHX1600C9D3K4_16GX.pdf - and unlikely to be right cas latency for board.

neither are on here - https://www.kingston.com/us/memory/search?model=98643&devicetype=7&mfr=GIG&line=GA-A320M-S2H

Gigabyte haven't got a compatibility list for Matisse CPU for your motherboard so I can't tell from their end if either are okay.

Having said all that, all the BSOD look like lan drivers might be cause. Mainly based on association with top 4 all being internet based programs and 5th crash mentioning afd.sys which is the ancillary function driver and used by Windows for lan operations (as my past self says here)

Go here and under windows click the 3rd link down - Win10 Auto Installation Program (SId:1152921505692205304)
https://www.realtek.com/en/componen...0-1000m-gigabit-ethernet-pci-express-software

teberzin

Reputable
Oct 26, 2020
the ram you have is https://www.kingston.com/dataSheets/HX432C16FB3_16.pdf which is the right cas latency for your board I would expect - cl16
the ram you think you had is cl9 - https://www.kingston.com/dataSheets/KHX1600C9D3K4_16GX.pdf - and unlikely to be right cas latency for board.

neither are on here - https://www.kingston.com/us/memory/search?model=98643&devicetype=7&mfr=GIG&line=GA-A320M-S2H

Gigabyte haven't got a compatibility list for Matisse CPU for your motherboard so I can't tell from their end if either are okay.

Having said all that, all the BSOD look like lan drivers might be cause. Mainly based on association with top 4 all being internet based programs and 5th crash mentioning afd.sys which is the ancillary function driver and used by Windows for lan operations (as my past self says here)

Go here and under windows click the 3rd link down - Win10 Auto Installation Program (SId:1152921505692205304)
https://www.realtek.com/en/componen...0-1000m-gigabit-ethernet-pci-express-software
It was already downloanded. But I clik repair button.

Last edited:
you have two copies copies amdryzenMasterDriver.sys they have different dates and are being loaded from different directories
when the same driver is loaded from different locations on a drive the system will attempt put them in the same location of memory.
when it can not do this it will change one of the drivers names and load it at another memory address. (_fffff80045900000 added to the driver name in this case)

AMDRyzenMasterDriver AMDRyzenMasterDriver.sys Tue Mar 31 21:07:41 2020 (5E84138D)
AMDRyzenMasterDriver_fffff80045900000 AMDRyzenMasterDriver.sys Tue May 28 02:32:51 2019 (5CED0043)

anyway, search your drive to find out the two locations that the software was installed from then uninstall the older one.
(or both then reinstall the new one that you want) this will most likely take care of your issue in the memory dump I looked at.
(bogus dereference )

most likely the software readme.txt file will tell you to uninstall the old driver before you do a update but people never notice or they install the mother board drivers then a old chipset driver. if this is the cause then you should complain to the people that wrote the setup programs, they should check for the driver install state before installing)

Reactions: gardenman

teberzin

Reputable
Oct 26, 2020
you have two copies copies amdryzenMasterDriver.sys they have different dates and are being loaded from different directories
when the same driver is loaded from different locations on a drive the system will attempt put them in the same location of memory.
when it can not do this it will change one of the drivers names and load it at another memory address. (_fffff80045900000 added to the driver name in this case)

AMDRyzenMasterDriver AMDRyzenMasterDriver.sys Tue Mar 31 21:07:41 2020 (5E84138D)
AMDRyzenMasterDriver_fffff80045900000 AMDRyzenMasterDriver.sys Tue May 28 02:32:51 2019 (5CED0043)

anyway, search your drive to find out the two locations that the software was installed from then uninstall the older one.
(or both then reinstall the new one that you want) this will most likely take care of your issue in the memory dump I looked at.
(bogus dereference )

most likely the software readme.txt file will tell you to uninstall the old driver before you do a update but people never notice or they install the mother board drivers then a old chipset driver. if this is the cause then you should complain to the people that wrote the setup programs, they should check for the driver install state before installing)
I found an older .sys file but I'm having trouble when I tried to delete it.

I found an older .sys file but I'm having trouble when I tried to delete it.
you have to use the uninstaller that installed it since windows will just put it back if you remove the file manually.
you can remove the install package manually but you have to remove the driver from the driver store on the machine to prevent windows from putting it back.

try and google "how to remove drivers from windows driver store"

you would need to use the pnputil.exe utility.

generally you would have to do
start cmd.exe as an admin
then
pnputil.exe /e (to find the list of driver packages, figure out the oem.inf file name/number)
then
pnputil.exe /delete-driver <example.inf> /uninstall (where example.inf is the oem.inf installer name)

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...w-devices-and-driver-packages-are-uninstalled

Last edited:

teberzin

Reputable
Oct 26, 2020
you have to use the uninstaller that installed it since windows will just put it back if you remove the file manually.
you can remove the install package manually but you have to remove the driver from the driver store on the machine to prevent windows from putting it back.

try and google "how to remove drivers from windows driver store"

you would need to use the pnputil.exe utility.

generally you would have to do
start cmd.exe as an admin
then
pnputil.exe /e (to find the list of driver packages, figure out the oem.inf file name/number)
then
pnputil.exe /delete-driver <example.inf> /uninstall (where example.inf is the oem.inf installer name)

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...w-devices-and-driver-packages-are-uninstalled
There are many oem files when I write " pnputil.exe /e " how can I know which one I need to delete? I delete with using another program. Now I just have one AMDRyzenMasterDriver.sys file.

Last edited:
There are many oem files when I write " pnputil.exe /e " how can I know which one I need to delete? I delete with using another program. Now I just have one AMDRyzenMasterDriver.sys file.

just so you know, most people do not actually have this driver installed at all. I think it was directly from AMD before motherboard vendors installed the BIOS updates that they got from AMD. Having this driver loaded might prevent the microsoft AMD cpu microcode update driver from loading. I am not sure but microsoft often assumes that you install a custom driver for a reason and tries not to mess with it.
examples would be the intel storage driver, or even microsoft antivirus not running if you have another antivirus installed.)

the first time I looked at that driver it was only needed when a new cpu was release before the motherboard vendors made a bios update for the machine. it was only about a 1 or 2 month time window when it should have been used. when the bios update came out people were told to remove the software with a uninstall program. (it was deep in some readme.txt that no one reads)

teberzin

Reputable
Oct 26, 2020
just so you know, most people do not actually have this driver installed at all. I think it was directly from AMD before motherboard vendors installed the BIOS updates that they got from AMD. Having this driver loaded might prevent the microsoft AMD cpu microcode update driver from loading. I am not sure but microsoft often assumes that you install a custom driver for a reason and tries not to mess with it.
examples would be the intel storage driver, or even microsoft antivirus not running if you have another antivirus installed.)

the first time I looked at that driver it was only needed when a new cpu was release before the motherboard vendors made a bios update for the machine. it was only about a 1 or 2 month time window when it should have been used. when the bios update came out people were told to remove the software with a uninstall program. (it was deep in some readme.txt that no one reads)
So what to do now ? :D

So what to do now ? :D
best to run the uninstaller that installed the driver. you might be able to search your drive for the file and look for the uninstaller.
also run control panel and select uninstall a program and see if they put the uninstaller in the list.

here is a place that tells you how to uninstall one version by running:
c:\Program Files\AMD\RyzenMaster\bin\Setup.exe /U {02247819-03CD-414E-AC8D-FD518BFBA445}

AMD Ryzen Master version 2.0.1.1233 by Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. - How to uninstall it (advanceduninstaller.com)

I would guess each build version might have a different number. you might have to go into the registry and search for RyzenMaster registry keys . (sorry, just have never tried this uninstaller)

teberzin

Reputable
Oct 26, 2020
best to run the uninstaller that installed the driver. you might be able to search your drive for the file and look for the uninstaller.
also run control panel and select uninstall a program and see if they put the uninstaller in the list.

here is a place that tells you how to uninstall one version by running:
c:\Program Files\AMD\RyzenMaster\bin\Setup.exe /U {02247819-03CD-414E-AC8D-FD518BFBA445}

AMD Ryzen Master version 2.0.1.1233 by Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. - How to uninstall it (advanceduninstaller.com)

I would guess each build version might have a different number. you might have to go into the registry and search for RyzenMaster registry keys . (sorry, just have never tried this uninstaller)
I uninstall via Advanced Uninstaller PRO. But I'm getting more blue screen now. I can't use my PC even 10 minute.

I uninstall via Advanced Uninstaller PRO. But I'm getting more blue screen now. I can't use my PC even 10 minute.
did you run this command?

did it seem to run, then you reboot?

You might then need to run the amd cpu chipset driver setup to get the current version.
this might be the case if the uninstaller left some registry settings in the registry. microsoft generic drivers will sometimes refuse to be loaded if you have a 3rd party driver installed. It might detect it by registry settings. (not sure how it checks)

-you might see if you still crash if you leave the machine booted in safe mode.
  • you might try a clean install of windows without custom drivers installed and see if it crashes
  • check for bios updates, new features of the cpu chip were enabled and they might require a bios update to match the chipset updates.
(for you motherboard i only saw a bios update for rev 3 boards on 11/4/2020)

i think the problem is related to CPU chipset drivers making power management calls to the BIOS functions
and the drivers and the bios version do not match up. OR, microsoft is blocking the calls if you are in a secure boot mode and not blocking the calls if you are in a legacy boot mode.

this is a new windows feature for security. you can check to see if it is enabled.
windows key, settings->windows security->device security
my system it is not supported, check to see what it says for your system.

I guess malware now can use the same methods that overclocking software and the chipset drivers use as
a method of attacking and installing malware in the bios on the system. Windows will try to block it if you try to use a secure boot method.
legacy boot should not get blocked. I have seen some motherboard vendors put out BETA bios updates over the last few days not for gigabyte yet.

teberzin

Reputable
Oct 26, 2020

You might then need to run the amd cpu chipset driver setup to get the current version.
this might be the case if the uninstaller left some registry settings in the registry. microsoft generic drivers will sometimes refuse to be loaded if you have a 3rd party driver installed. It might detect it by registry settings. (not sure how it checks)

• you might try a clean install of windows without custom drivers installed and see if it crashes
  • check for bios updates, new features of the cpu chip were enabled and they might require a bios update to match the chipset updates.

i think the problem is related to CPU chipset drivers making power management calls to the BIOS functions
and the drivers and the bios version do not match up. OR, microsoft is blocking the calls if you are in a secure boot mode and not blocking the calls if you are in a legacy boot mode.

this is a new windows feature for security. you can check to see if it is enabled.

I guess malware now can use the same methods that overclocking software and the chipset drivers use as
a method of attacking and installing malware in the bios on the system. Windows will try to block it if you try to use a secure boot method.
legacy boot should not get blocked. I have seen some motherboard vendors put out BETA bios updates over the last few days not for gigabyte yet.
I check settings->windows security->device security Mine is not supported too.

teberzin

Reputable
Oct 26, 2020

I realize I'm getting crash every game made by unity engine is that can be related to this?

And one more question let's say I delete everything on my pc and reinstall windows. Is that work for me? Let's say yes. How can I sure to download each driver correctly. Is there any trustful application for that?

Colif

Win 11 Master
How can I sure to download each driver correctly. Is there any trustful application for that?
not for your motherboard there isn't. Some motherboard makers have apps that will update drivers but the closest Gigabyte get is one that installs utilities. I know as I have it.

Best way to do it is go to https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-A320M-S2H-rev-1x/support#support-dl-driver after you reinstall and grab the latest ones
The realtek sound and lan drivers might be latest in win 10 now anyway (provided you make a new installer first - download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB) but you should grab the chipset driver. that is about it.
Grab GPU drivers from Nvidia.

bugcheck: APC_INDEX_MISMATCH

AMD Drivers and Support for Radeon, Radeon Pro, FirePro, APU, CPU, Ryzen, desktops, laptops

select processors ->AMD Ryzen processors->AMD Ryzen 5 processors
then select your version of your processor

download and install and see if it fixes your issue.

I have looked at 5 or so different systems that have been hitting this issue. None have been fixed.
it looks like a issue with the CPU and bios and the CPU chipset drivers.

I think AMD has been trying to make a good patch and they will be the ones to make the fix first then they will pass it out to the motherboard vendors as a bios update, then microsoft will pick it up for windows as a CPU patch that gets loaded when windows loads (if people do not update the bios)

At this point I do not think Microsoft, or the motherboard vendors have a patch that actually works correctly.

I would also re flash the bios in case your bios has been modified to hide malware.

please let us know if the new drivers directly from AMD actually help with the problem.

teberzin

Reputable
Oct 26, 2020
bugcheck: APC_INDEX_MISMATCH

AMD Drivers and Support for Radeon, Radeon Pro, FirePro, APU, CPU, Ryzen, desktops, laptops

select processors ->AMD Ryzen processors->AMD Ryzen 5 processors
then select your version of your processor

download and install and see if it fixes your issue.

I have looked at 5 or so different systems that have been hitting this issue. None have been fixed.
it looks like a issue with the CPU and bios and the CPU chipset drivers.

I think AMD has been trying to make a good patch and they will be the ones to make the fix first then they will pass it out to the motherboard vendors as a bios update, then microsoft will pick it up for windows as a CPU patch that gets loaded when windows loads (if people do not update the bios)

At this point I do not think Microsoft, or the motherboard vendors have a patch that actually works correctly.

I would also re flash the bios in case your bios has been modified to hide malware.

please let us know if the new drivers directly from AMD actually help with the problem.
No, I update it but still getting blue screens rapidly.

Error 182 – Radeon™ Software Install Detected AMD Graphics Hardware in Your System Configuration That Is Not Supported With This Software Installation
you might consider a complete wipe of windows and reinstall of windows without adding the RyzenMaster drivers.
Then just get the windows updates and generic drivers from microsoft updates and the fixes are pushed out by windows update.
I would expect that microsoft will not update the AMD cpu microcode file if they detect that the custom version from AMD is installed.
The windows installer would have to check for the files or detect something in the registry to know not to install its version but I just have no idea without searching thru the registry.

Windows wipe and reinstall would be the fastest way to get the system working again.

TRENDING THREADS