Weird boot issue, new build.

Luni

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013
Completed my very first ground up PC build, after beating myself up about mistakes and slowly getting past them and solving them, my PC still has one issue that I can not for the life of me pin the hell down. It's a very specific scenario. If I boot my PC from a cold boot, after it's been shut down for a while, the first boot, the power will kick on smoothly, and all will be well, but no bios display or anything. I hold the power button and shut it down manually. Then start the rig back up again, and voila. Normal boot and display. I -think- it's a bios issue, since well, even the BIOS doesn't come up the first time. I should also mention that if I shut down the PC, and hit the power button, it also boots normally. It's only after a cold boot, and it's sat for a bit. I have YET to try and flash the bios because the sheer idea of bricking the motherboard scares the crap out of me. However, can this issue, if untreated, cause harm to the system? Could I be wrong about it being the bios? Turning the thoughts over to people more experienced in these things than me.

My Rig:
AMD FX 8350
SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0
Corsair 16 gigs DDR3 1333 mhz
Nvidia GTX 670
Corsair AX1200w PSU
Windows 7 64-bit.
Seagate 2tb Hard drive
Samsung 840 SSD 250 gb

Luni

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013
I wanted to avoid flashing the BIOS if possible, but I guess I really can't. I will wait until Monday, and call ASUS see about getting some help with it from them, and such. Has anyone else had this issue or something similar? Could it NOT be the bios?