Question Weird boot issue

May 1, 2021
Hey,

I upgraded my R5 2600 Asus B450 prime combo to a R9 3900x Msi x570-a pro combo 2 days ago. The system worked just fine. A couple hours ago I went away for an hour and the pc seemed to have died in the meantime. When I tried booting it the system fans would spin for a split second and that was it. So I started troubleshooting and found out the PC booted without the CPU power cable plugged in, I then tried with the R5 2600 in the new motherboard and had the same issue. So it can't be the cpu. Then I tried the old motherboard again with the old cpu and that booted fine so it can't be the power supply. So it has to be a dead motherboard right? Anyone know if it can possibly be something else?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Did you reinstall the OS after you made the parts swap? We're going to need a little more info. Please parse the specs to your build in full, including the make and model of the PSU and it's age.

May 1, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Did you reinstall the OS after you made the parts swap? We're going to need a little more info. Please parse the specs to your build in full, including the make and model of the PSU and it's age.

Hey,

Full specs:
Ryzen 5 2600 upgraded to Ryzen 9 3900x
Asus prime b450 plus upgraded to MSI x570-a pro
Msi armor rtx 2070
Corsair rm650x
32gb corsair vengeance rgb @4x3000mghz
nzxt s340
500gb 970 evo plus nvme m.2
250gb samsung ssd
1tb seagate hdd

Old system was built in Dec 2018 with all new parts
The upgrades happend 3 days ago and the system was running fine for 2 days untill yesterday.
I did not reinstall the os.