Weird boot on w10

Shawn_39

Commendable
Jul 19, 2016
This seems really strange or uncommon to me, but the issue I'm having is.. My pc restarts due to system updates and then shows select a boot device black screen..

After that I pushed ctrl alt del, and took me to the bios. I was curious what was up, so I saw my hard drive wasn't even located in my bios.

I've checked the boot order and all..just seen boot priority #1 for dvd disk.. After that I went and turned off my pc and I went back to bios and now it shows up again, listed as boot order 2. I swapped them around and disabled the dvd one. I did this before, but I think the fail boot may have reseted boot order on bios. Turning off my pc is always the fix i been dealing with this issue.

Any ideas what this may be?

iXeon

Honorable
Jul 6, 2015
the most suspucius part is the SATA (or IDE) connector , check if they are healthy and if they were check for these:
check for the BIOS updates and see if that fixes the problem.
you may also need to change the CMOS battery ,
and of course there's a possibility that you forgot to save the changes after you apply them in the boot options. most of the times you can save the changes by pressing F10.

see if any of those things works and report.

Shawn_39

Commendable
Jul 19, 2016
Yeah, all my drivers and bios is fully updated. I'm not really a hardware tech guy.. but its weird cause its just windows updates causes it..

You think if I select boot from the dvdram, it would maybe show this error and hide the hdd? Like recreating the issue.