Mar 6, 2020
I don’t know where the to start with this or what is causing this issue and that’s why I’m here

Before I begin here are my computer specs.

Intel Core i7-2600 3.4 GHz Quad-Core Processor

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler

ASRock H61M-VG3 Mini ITX LGA1155 Motherboard

Patriot Viper 3 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

Kingston SSDNow UV400 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 2gb

GAMDIAS ASTRAPE M1 650 W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply

Monitor is an Acer AL1916W 75hz

All info mostly copy pasted from partpickerdotcom

Okay SO, the issue basically goes like this,
every time I shut my pc off and leave it overnight or if it even goes to sleep mode on it’s own I believe.

(not sure about this one as I don’t let it sleep often I always shut it down).

The next day when I go to turn it on, the screen kind of flickers at a slow rate, like a slow on ... off...on and then just off.

Everything keeps booting but my monitor doesn’t show anything.

I “found” a semi fix that allows me to fix this issue and use my computer for the day until I have to REFIX it again the next day as it will continue to behave this way after the overnight period. I hope this all makes sense.

Here is what I have to do in order to make it work.
First I start with turning it on. It does the flicker thing. I turn my monitor off and on and off and on continuously until my monitor finally stays on and shows an image.

Thats not all, I have to mention that I play league of legends and this specifically affects this game in particular but it only seems to have some kind of correlation and not causation, because other games run perfectly as far I know. (I didn't try all my games). So for some reason it mostly affects league of legends only when trying to get into a game and the initial boot.

Anyways, continuing on the first boot, trying to load into a game of league of legends the game will not load into a playable game, the client will show up and up until the character selection, where the match is suppose to begin, BLACK SCREEN, infinite loading black screen.

That’s when I shut it down again, but this time I unplug my ram and replug it again.
(I came up with this temporary “fix” after I believed that my ram was causing this issue and tried plugging in my old ram in to see if my game would work with my old ram attached and it did but then I tried my newer ram and it worked again...which then leads me to believe it wasn't my ram and it could be my mobo? That’s why I’m here, I don't know what's causing this and Im really trying to avoid spending money for an analysis at a shop for financial reasons )

Anyways, like I was saying, I unplug and replug my ram and boot up my pc once again. The screen doesn’t flicker and everything works, which is great from that point on until I HAVE to repeat this process everyday.

If you can help me solve this you would save my pockets and my time.
If you need more info please ask and help me. Thanks a lot in advance!

Notes: I don't have any extra hardware parts to try and test other components, I have some old but I concluded that my ram wasn't my problem. Also I am using windows 10 - 1909 version i believe.
I recently (several months ago) upgraded my ram obviously, but also, my PSU and my cooling fan. my CPU dates nearly from its release date. it's old yes. same with my mobo, approx same time. GPU is from 2017. monitor is fairly old as well i believe this one dates as far back as before 2010, not so sure because it was given to me by a friend, whom had had it for years.

Last edited:
Solution
Check the motherboard CMOS battery voltage by removing it and measuring it's voltage (using a multimeter). If the voltage is well below 3 volts, then replace that battery with a new one.

This PSU is from a brand I've never heard of before, and I have some doubts about the PSU reliability.

It might have been better to have obtained a PSU from one of the better known/major brands such as Corsair, EVGA, SeaSonic etc.
Check the motherboard CMOS battery voltage by removing it and measuring it's voltage (using a multimeter). If the voltage is well below 3 volts, then replace that battery with a new one.

This PSU is from a brand I've never heard of before, and I have some doubts about the PSU reliability.

It might have been better to have obtained a PSU from one of the better known/major brands such as Corsair, EVGA, SeaSonic etc.

Solution
Mar 6, 2020

I really don't know how to do all that manually nor do I have the tools at hand. but thank you for your input. I will probably have to end up taking it to a shop. And yeah, that PSU was actually suggested to me by the very shop i usually go to. I feel like this is something they do so that I end up coming back right?

Maybe.

Replacement of the CMOS battery (if necessary) is not really difficult. I suspect by replacing this battery, (some) issues will be resolved. But the existing battery voltage should really be checked before replacement, as the battery might be OK anyway.

Mar 6, 2020
Maybe.

Replacement of the CMOS battery (if necessary) is not really difficult. I suspect by replacing this battery, (some) issues will be resolved. But the existing battery voltage should really be checked before replacement, as the battery might be OK anyway.
All right, I might just bring it in to the shop because I can’t get a straight answer anywhere online. But I’m glad I could get any type of answer. Hopefully they can fix that for me for not too expensive! Thanks for your time