Weird booting issue

filurfantomet

Reputable
Apr 30, 2015
Dear forum! I recently got my new custom build computer (z97, i7-4790k, gtx 970, ssd too), and i've been spending some time installing drivers etc etc. But today i've encoutered something weird.

When i turn on my computer, the asus logo appears, it goes into the windows logo thing, but then turns black, with my dell monitor saying "no hdmi cabel detected, going into sleep mode in 5 mins". It stays like this for about 10-15 seconds, whereafter it goes to the password screen.
Note that it did not do this when i first turned on the computer yesterday.

Sidequestion: When changing resolutions on a monitor, is the booting windows logo supposed to follow that resolution? For example in my 1440p res, should the flag be kinda small? Cause it's not - maybe it's got something to do with it?

Is it normal, or what is it?

PS: Video drivers, windows updates, dell monitor drivers, all up to date

Best regards, William - hoping for an answer! :)

It could just be loading the video drivers, I've seen some computers do that where there is no display when it loads. Most often when there is onboard video on the motherboard but the main video card is an add-on one.

The logo won't change, Windows does not load the monitor configuration till after it gets past that loading screen. If you change monitors, then you will see a size change.

Unless you have issues with the video card outside of this 10 second wait, I would not try to mess with the system.