Question Weird browser issue while making payments

MetalMatty

Honorable
Apr 20, 2017
So, this is something I noticed within the past two weeks happening.
The issue is that as I go to make an online payment on any major website, one of two things happens:

On FireFox: FireFox starts out of nowhere using so much HDD and RAM and CPU that it locks the computer up. Sometimes I'm able to end FF with task manager and all is fine again, but sometimes I have to do a hard reset.
On Edge: When it comes to Edge, it's a different problem but... not? So with Edge, I just either can't sign in to websites (I hit login and it refreshes the page instead of logging in) that require payment, or the browser loses connection to the internet.

For example:

On FF, I try and send money to someone via PayPal, something I have used for years. I sign in, everything is fine and works smooth as glass, until I click on their username/enter their email to actually input a payment amount, at which point FF goes resource hungry and locks everything up.
On Edge, if I enter a link that will take me straight to a payment page, it works until I actually go to send money, at which point the browser will either load forever and/or just straight up say that it can't connect. If I try and actually sign in, I enter my email and hit login, and the page just refreshes back to the enter email login screen.

So far this happens on PayPal, eBay (works fine until I go to my seller page), and Dominos website (I was able to build a $45 order but as soon as I hit checkout everything acted up).

I do have a monitoring companies software on my PC, but I've already been in touch with them and they assure me it has nothing to do with them. I also run weekly custom Maleware Bytes scans which consistently come up clean. This issue DID happen after the most recent FireFox update, but again, it also happens on Edge browser.

I did notice just now that Windows has an update, though one I feel will not make a difference as it is just a cummulative update preview. I will install it anyway just to rule that out.

I'm just not sure what else to try. Unfortunately doing a fresh Windows install is not an option for me, and just a simple PC restart does not seem to make a difference.

Last edited:

MetalMatty

Honorable
Apr 20, 2017
Changed to the Google DNS configuration, and unfortunately it made no difference.

Tried PayPal on both Firefox and Edge, both did the same thing they did as before. Firefox opens itself up (in task manager) like 10+ times, causing resource spikes, and Edge just refreshes the page instead of actually logging in.