[SOLVED] Weird BSOD memory managment

lan_baba

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2011
Hi all,

I have a weired BSOD issue with my windows 10 PC. I built it from scratch, with a Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 board, 4790K stock speed, 4x4G memory, Plextor SATA3 SSD as boot disk, 2 normal HDD and 2070 Super. The windows is freshly installed, and the power supply and graphic card was upgraded (the BSOD also exists before the upgrade).
Here is what happens: almost every day the first time I start the PC, I have more than 75% chance the PC will enter into BSOD in a few minutes, gives me a memory management error and then reboot after doing its dump. But then it is just stable. I can shutdown and start, the BSOD won't appear. There are a few times, that the BSOD will repeat itself more than once, but it is very rare. If the night before I put the PC into sleep, then I don't get the BSOD next time I wake it up.
I have run the CPU stress test and memory stress test each for 5 minutes, and it doesn't have any problem.
Any hint what the problem could be?

Solution
Try MemTest on all the RAMs separately and if there's no error, try them together. Run memtest on each stick more than 4 times.
I know it's very boring but faulty RAM is most of the time responsible.

Ziadul87

Reputable
BANNED
Try MemTest on all the RAMs separately and if there's no error, try them together. Run memtest on each stick more than 4 times.
I know it's very boring but faulty RAM is most of the time responsible.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS