weird buzzing noise

Rayyanrayyan

Reputable
Nov 10, 2015
i recently changed my case.All of a sudden both my speakers and gpu has a weird buzzing noise whenever i load certain games. i am using a powercolor r9 280, some random creative speakers and a corsair 760t.

Maybe something is getting inteference, make sure the motherboard is installed well with the standoffs in place and not touching the board (maybe you have one sitting there in the wrong spot), check power cables that they are not tangled up together, especially around the audio connection. Is the buzzing coming from the fans? Maybe they got knocked out of alignment when you moved the card to new case. Is the speaker buzzing coming from both front and rear ports and from headphones also?

Plug the speakers into the motherboard and then try in the monitor then try with ear/headphones. If its the GPU it may have coil whine and there are many factors that can cause it to happen.

As hang-the-9 stated it may be interference caused by one of these factors so to start off I would say get inside your case and make sure your motherboard is on its standoffs correctly and no parts of the motherboard are rubbing against anything. The motherboard needs to be locked to the case so it does not move.
Now buy some cable ties, you should be able to get these from any electronic store or one of the many growing £1 shops that seem to be popping up. Now get inside the pc and cable tie all your wires to anything that is away from the motherboard ie empty driver bays and so on so there is lots of spaces for air to flow and to keep wires from touching the motherboard which is very important.

Check all components fro any dust that may be caught in the plugs for the wires especially for the huge ATX power cable and the cpu power cable. If your GPU has 1 or more PCIE power connectors plugged in take them out and check there is no dust getting in the way and have a look inside you GPU as well.

Load up the pc and if nothing has changed go into the catalyst control panel and there should be a setting in there if they still have it for limiting desktop frame rate. Have a mess around with that and see if anything changes. Also try some games with vysnc which limits the frames to whatever HZ monitor you have.

It may be that a part of the board got knocked on the way in and may be damaged as whining should never really happen unless a part is near dying or is malfunctioning and that happens more than you know with brand new bought GPU's

Hope some of this helped

Rayyanrayyan

Reputable
Nov 10, 2015
welp i read both ur replies to late my computer randomly shut down and won't boot up. when i press the power switch the case fans spins but nothing happens the cpu fan also doesn't spin

Remove the 280 and try with onboard power only. If that does not work, try a different power supply, if that does not work, you likely have a bad motherboard or something was shorting it when you moved cases.

Rayyanrayyan

Reputable
Nov 10, 2015

removed the 280 and still won't turn on. don't have a another psu I'm sending it to a shop for repair :/

Well have you tried bare bones.
-One stick of ram
-No GPU
-Reinstall your CPU (take it out check no socket pins are bent on the board)
-Are all cables click in especially the ATX power connectors, the big 12 pin connector
-Also try a different PSU

See what happens.