[SOLVED] Weird "Buzzing" sound when playing games.

Ttesar06

Honorable
Mar 13, 2013
I just built a NEW system. I have a dual screen set up and its weird. ONLY when I play MMO games WoW, Aion, etc I get a weird buzzing sound coming from the PC and I cant figure out where it is. if I click onto my second screen the buzzing stops, click on the game back to buzzing again. its annoying and I cant figure out what the heck is causing it.

ive tested using a few games. it doesn't do the buzzing when playing Destiny 2, the divison, or even diablo 3. but the second I fire up WoW it starts buzzing.

Updated PC specs are in my Sig.

I opened the case and it seems its coming from the CPU... which is weird it ONLY does it when in a game. idk what causing it. I monitored fan speeds and its the same fan speed so its not the fan. sounds like an electrical buzzing.

Solution
It's power delivery circuitry under load. Motherboards and GPU can have this issue. I have a 1080ti from Gigabyte that whines from time to time.

Most likely the motherboard issue in the area of CPU. There is no return policy concirning this but you can ask the seller - they might replace the board. They will at least test and confirm if the isssue persists with their test rig.

You can try playing with BIOS settings: new BIOSes have power loadline settings for CPU (Normal/High/Extreme, etc), so look for power related thigs.

Try a bit of overclock, a slight change of CPU voltage
It's power delivery circuitry under load. Motherboards and GPU can have this issue. I have a 1080ti from Gigabyte that whines from time to time.

Most likely the motherboard issue in the area of CPU. There is no return policy concirning this but you can ask the seller - they might replace the board. They will at least test and confirm if the isssue persists with their test rig.

You can try playing with BIOS settings: new BIOSes have power loadline settings for CPU (Normal/High/Extreme, etc), so look for power related thigs.

Try a bit of overclock, a slight change of CPU voltage

Solution

Ttesar06

Honorable
Mar 13, 2013

is this going to hurt anything? leaving it as is? if not i dont mind justleaving it

Not gonna hurt anything