Question weird buzzing sounds in headphones

N4rral

Reputable
Feb 13, 2020
Hello, from the moment i turned on my pc after replacing old motherboard, graphics card and processor i was having issues with weird buzzy noise in my headphones when pluged back in the io. The sound stops when loading applications and turning on music or some kind of audio. And gets interrupted when scrolling down web sites or task manager. It's 100% hardware problem because the sound can not be captured on the software side. Does anybody have some answers or experiences ?

N4rral

Reputable
Feb 13, 2020
It's called electromagnetic interference and the video card is most likely the culprit. If you have an intel CPU, try using the IGPU after taking out your dedicated GPU and see if the sound is still there.

What is your rig setup anyway?
I installed first motherboard and processor and then after few months the gpu. But those noises were noticeable even before the new gpu.

I installed first motherboard and processor and then after few months the gpu. But those noises were noticeable even before the new gpu.

If the buzzing is only coming when you're plugged into the back audio port then it's definitely the EMI (Electromagnetic interference). You still haven't told us what setup you have but on older boards this interference is not properly blocked out as the copper traces on the board overlap the onboard audio chip's copper traces. Some newer boards would also have software that dampen this.

N4rral

Reputable
Feb 13, 2020
If the buzzing is only coming when you're plugged into the back audio port then it's definitely the EMI (Electromagnetic interference). You still haven't told us what setup you have but on older boards this interference is not properly blocked out as the copper traces on the board overlap the onboard audio chip's copper traces. Some newer boards would also have software that dampen this.
windows 10, gpu - amd rx 580, processor- intel core i7 8700, motherboard - GIGABYTE H370 HD3, ram -
Crucial ballistix sport 2x8 ddr4 3000mhz