Status
Not open for further replies.

LCBChef18

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2011
I noticed when playing Bf3 the huge lag spikes, i'm sitting there thinking to myself.. "why the hell is it acting like this when I have two 6850's oc'd to 800mhz?!" The bottom image verifies that they are both recognized, device manager also recognizes them.
g.gif

Here are two images that show one card being used and the other not...
wtf.png

Here is the second image showing one card using 3/4, and the other 1/4.
wtf2.png

Drivers are updated to 12.1, and Cap3? Was a beta application profile If I remember correctly, before they released Cap1.

I'm at a complete loss here guys, the cards are seated (obviously) the cf bridge is fine (far as I know), drivers were installed correctly, and i'm running the cap profile stuff. I seriously don't see why i shouldn't be getting a consistent 40 - 50 fps under heavy load in bf3 and an avg of 60-70 under light load (staring at the ground.) Running everything in BF3 as high as possible.

Solution
Hi,

When you're running a game in Window mode, crossfire will not function. You must run it in full screen. You can do that with the Afterburner graph running in the background, then just alt-tab out to check it after a few minutes of play.

Earnie

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2005
try this"
1-uninstall CCC and profiles from add/remove programs,shut down
2-remove second card,restart,install latest ccc 12.2 previews and profiles,shut down
3-reinstall second card(bridge and power connectors)
4-restart and retry.
your cpu is fine!I run an 1100t and 2 6950's in BF3 and they all run close to 100% on ultra(no hbao/ssao,motion blur off)

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
Earnie is close, imo.

But for me, just reinstalling ccc, and sometimes the game itself does the trick. Also try putting catalyst ai on "standard" you wont notice a difference.

edit: "notice a difference in image quality"

Earnie

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2005

TY..I have had this work for quite a lot of people on forums.however,I run all CCC settings at there defaults and have no issues whatsoever.

LCBChef18

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2011

This did not work. Both of the cards work fine when by them selves, but when in cf, one card is always idle. I'd also like to note that when uninstalling drivers the screen size did not change as it usually does when I uninstall the driver from device manager as well (skipped that for the sake of a control). Would also like to note that the first time uninstalling resulted in a crash, and a system reboot.

ugh.png

Hi,

When you're running a game in Window mode, crossfire will not function. You must run it in full screen. You can do that with the Afterburner graph running in the background, then just alt-tab out to check it after a few minutes of play.

Solution

LCBChef18

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2011

Lol, okay fixed that. Now cf seems to work. Any idea about the spikes down to 15 fps?

I'd suggest running 2xMSAA or none (with post processing at High). I'm running a pair of overclocked 5850s and they get some FPS drops occasionally, which was reduced by lowering the AA level. Might be a VRAM issue. If not that, probably CPU related.

Status
Not open for further replies.